Who's Online
11 registered (GrantG, theconemaughkid, Mph621, Brud Carey, AndrewR, DaveL, MSGShaw, Phatsacks, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1036577 - 04/30/16 11:22 PM Mrillest
G8KPR Offline
Marksman

Loc: Chesapeake,VA
City or County: Chesapeake
Sent member a text per his post and set meeting location for next day at agreed upon asking price of $450 (post was for $450 OBO). Everything was agreed upon and rogered up except the time, which was to be set later.

Texted member later that evening to set time for meeting and was informed that, 'Oh, yeah, I sold that about an hour ago. A guy (another VAGT member) offered me $500.' His reasoning: "It was OBO." Sooo... First, that's messed up and, Second... When was he going to tell me?!

Also explains why member has been on for 6 months with 40 something posts and ZERO positive feedback! Should have seen that coming, but I'm #611 on this site of over 44,000 and I've NEVER had this happen in years of being on here. This, I believe, is also the first negative feedback I've ever posted. (Anyone can check MY feedback - as well as that of who mine is from.) I guess we used to attract a better type of member.

We texted back and forth and it got a bit heated due to his flippancy and go screw yourself attitude about the underhandedness of his dealings until I realized this member has no conscience, credibility, or honor and I deleted the text string and his number. As a 22 year submarine vet, I'm sorry to see that his profile is also annotated as 'Military', but I guess anyone can sign up these days, including to quality Websites like VAGT.

Bottom line: would not deal with this member if he had JMB's original 1911 listed for twelve bucks. If you can't trust somebody for $50, that's not saying much about the price of their name, word, or character.

Dan

#1036667 - 05/01/16 09:02 AM Re: Mrillest [Re: G8KPR]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192

Pm sent to Mrillest.

Members not involved in this transaction are not allowed to reply.

Lj - site moderator

Originally Posted By: G8KPR
Sent member a text per his post and set meeting location for next day at agreed upon asking price of $450 (post was for $450 OBO). Everything was agreed upon and rogered up except the time, which was to be set later.

Texted member later that evening to set time for meeting and was informed that, 'Oh, yeah, I sold that about an hour ago. A guy (another VAGT member) offered me $500.' His reasoning: "It was OBO." Sooo... First, that's messed up and, Second... When was he going to tell me?!

Also explains why member has been on for 6 months with 40 something posts and ZERO positive feedback! Should have seen that coming, but I'm #611 on this site of over 44,000 and I've NEVER had this happen in years of being on here. This, I believe, is also the first negative feedback I've ever posted. (Anyone can check MY feedback - as well as that of who mine is from.) I guess we used to attract a better type of member.

We texted back and forth and it got a bit heated due to his flippancy and go screw yourself attitude about the underhandedness of his dealings until I realized this member has no conscience, credibility, or honor and I deleted the text string and his number. As a 22 year submarine vet, I'm sorry to see that his profile is also annotated as 'Military', but I guess anyone can sign up these days, including to quality Websites like VAGT.

Bottom line: would not deal with this member if he had JMB's original 1911 listed for twelve bucks. If you can't trust somebody for $50, that's not saying much about the price of their name, word, or character.

Dan

#1036676 - 05/01/16 09:20 AM Re: Mrillest [Re: LaserJock]
Mrillest Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Virginia Beach
Member also lived way too far and had a certain level of uncertainty that he was going to purchase the gun. I simply chose to deal with someone more local. G8KPR was the one who started using cuss words and who had an attitude problem.

#1036679 - 05/01/16 09:26 AM Re: Mrillest [Re: G8KPR]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Both parties have responded, thread locked!