Who's Online
12 registered (SteveThePirate, OldRookie, kevin123, inductivekick, NWSLLC, jims59, ChewbaccaBeast, PMOORE, Tm965, 3 invisible), 9 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1041855 - 05/12/16 06:34 PM settle623
Enbloc Offline
1 Yard Distance Target Shooting Champion

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
EDIT: Settle623 claims this was a technology issue and didn't get my texts after a certain point. I'll accept that as a possibility maybe it simply didn't go through, but my phone shows them as sent and others have received my texts recently with no problems. Maybe I should have tried calling (like he suggests although I'm not sure how that would be different) or messaging again on here. Settle623 does have good feedback so this could be a big mess up of technology.

Settle623 plays fast and loose on here and I wouldn't recommend dealing with him based on his poor communication and poor behavior as a seller.

I messaged settle623 about a shotgun he was selling and said "I'll buy it" the day it was posted (Saturday, May 7) and left my cell number. The next day he responded and we talked about the deal, meeting place, and date. I had just left town on Sunday and wouldn't be back till Tuesday so I said I could meet then, but if not we could meet multiple other times I was free this week. He agreed to try and meet Tuesday halfway between our two areas and told me to send him a text when I got back from the trip. So fast forward to Tuesday and I text him in the morning telling him I'm back and ready to meet. There was no response for about 6 hours so I sent another just to check in so I could schedule my day/week better. No response, so I waited till Wednesday and texted him asking if we were still on to meet since he was going to sell me the gun. No response, so I message him again today in the afternoon asking him to give the courtesy of letting me know what is going on so I don't waste further time on this if he chose not to sell or sold it to someone else. And as of this post there was still no response. It seems painfully obvious he sold the gun out from me and couldn't just tell me. That or he decided not to sell, and I understand that happens, but he wasted my time by not telling me. I was going to pay his asking price and offered to meet halfway which he accepted so the only reason I can think of him side stepping me is he didn't want to wait one day. He has been on the site recently (today) so unless his phone is broken, he is just ignoring my communication. And ignoring texts that are just trying to know what's going on is one of the most annoying and childish things I think someone can do here. I checked my original VAGT message topic with him and he removed himself with no word. This member is not a man of his word and has just poor communication (willfully ignoring me). Heck, I may not have even bothered writing this if the member just told me what was up instead of ignoring me and letting me waste more time.

Anyway, his ad has still not been marked sold so if for some reason all this was the result of some emergency I'm willing to forgive and still make the deal if somehow he didn't sell it to someone else or just plain back out. But if not, be wary of this member. He may start arranging plans to meet with you over an item you said you will buy and then never again respond leaving you hanging.

Edited by Enbloc (05/12/16 08:55 PM)

#1041900 - 05/12/16 07:58 PM Re: settle623 [Re: Enbloc]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Settle623 inviting him to respond.

Others not invovlved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

Originally Posted By: Enbloc
Settle623 plays fast and loose on here and I wouldn't recommend dealing with him based on his poor communication and poor behavior as a seller.

I messaged settle623 about a shotgun he was selling and said "I'll buy it" the day it was posted (Saturday, May 7) and left my cell number. The next day he responded and we talked about the deal, meeting place, and date. I had just left town on Sunday and wouldn't be back till Tuesday so I said I could meet then, but if not we could meet multiple other times I was free this week. He agreed to try and meet Tuesday halfway between our two areas and told me to send him a text when I got back from the trip. So fast forward to Tuesday and I text him in the morning telling him I'm back and ready to meet. There was no response for about 6 hours so I sent another just to check in so I could schedule my day/week better. No response, so I waited till Wednesday and texted him asking if we were still on to meet since he was going to sell me the gun. No response, so I message him again today in the afternoon asking him to give the courtesy of letting me know what is going on so I don't waste further time on this if he chose not to sell or sold it to someone else. And as of this post there was still no response. It seems painfully obvious he sold the gun out from me and couldn't just tell me. That or he decided not to sell, and I understand that happens, but he wasted my time by not telling me. I was going to pay his asking price and offered to meet halfway which he accepted so the only reason I can think of him side stepping me is he didn't want to wait one day. He has been on the site recently (today) so unless his phone is broken, he is just ignoring my communication. And ignoring texts that are just trying to know what's going on is one of the most annoying and childish things I think someone can do here. I checked my original VAGT message topic with him and he removed himself with no word. This member is not a man of his word and has just poor communication (willfully ignoring me). Heck, I may not have even bothered writing this if the member just told me what was up instead of ignoring me and letting me waste more time.

Anyway, his ad has still not been marked sold so if for some reason all this was the result of some emergency I'm willing to forgive and still make the deal if somehow he didn't sell it to someone else or just plain back out. But if not, be wary of this member. He may start arranging plans to meet with you over an item you said you will buy and then never again respond leaving you hanging.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1041906 - 05/12/16 08:18 PM Re: settle623 [Re: BobVA]
settle623 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Culpeper
I do not really know how to respond to this. I asked enbloc to text me on Tuesday when he came back into town. I did not receive any text messages from him after the fact.

I then moved to the next buyer assuming there was no further interest in the shotgun. I regularly delete the messages once I gauge that someone isn't interested assuming this is what he is referring to me removing myself.

I am not sure if this was a technology issue or what but I can't respond to messages that I do not receive.

I have always had good reviews on here and I am sad that someone gave me negative feedback over something silly like this.

Would it have been difficult for you just to dial my number? It seems like that would have solved the issue if you were so concerned about purchasing it.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11