Who's Online
12 registered (Multipurpose1, VvGRoVeRvV, DKurtz, SgtSquishySquash, solidsnak3, Gets, XX44075, 5 invisible), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1062719 - 07/01/16 02:59 PM New "GUN" Laws go in effect July 1, 2016
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
The following laws become effective on Friday, July 1:

* Virginia will honor the permits from all other states. In turn we should get recognition from three new states: New Hampshire, Georgia, and Colorado. As of this afternoon, none of those three states have updated their web sites to show recognition of Virginia. I expect it might be a week or two before we see Virginia added to the states they honor. As the states add Virginia to their list of recognized permits.

* Gun shows will have a booth where Virginia State Police can run VOLUNTARY background checks for private sales.

* A person who has a permanent protection order against them cannot possess firearms until that order is lifted or expires (2 years is maximum time for a permanent protection order). This tracks federal law.

* No second ID will be required when purchasing a firearm. For so-called “assault firearms,” the requirement for proof of citizenship is gone.

* Members of the Virginia National Guard with CHPs can carry concealed on National Guard facilities, with limited exceptions

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.(VCDL).
VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1063848 - 07/04/16 11:56 AM Re: New "GUN" Laws go in effect July 1, 2016 [Re: Agent19]
ironhead7544 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: lovettsville
City or County: Loudoun
Thanks for the info. I just moved here from GA and the VA State Police says my CWL is valid here and VA CHPs are good in GA.

#1069194 - 07/18/16 12:45 PM Re: New "GUN" Laws go in effect July 1, 2016 [Re: Agent19]
ExWHCA Offline
Single barrel

City or County: Charlottesville
Any news yet on GA's waffling?

#1084320 - 08/25/16 11:54 AM Re: New "GUN" Laws go in effect July 1, 2016 [Re: ExWHCA]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
Originally Posted By: ExWHCA
Any news yet on GA's waffling?

Still waffling.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.