Who's Online
3 registered (Jenimal, M4fun, hunt4life), 6 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1033896 - 04/24/16 11:30 AM Case Tumbler Media Tip
kt999 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Powhatan
City or County: Powhatan
If you're still cleaning your brass old school style (like me) with crushed treated walnut hulls or equivalent, and a vibrating case tumbler, I found (internet)a way to inexpensively rejuvenate the media.
Just add about a half a cap full of liquid 'NuFinish' car polish. I add the polish and run the tumbler empty for about 10 mins and you're good to go.

Attachments
NuFinish.jpg

The world is a dangerous place to live; Not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.- Albert Einstein

#1034299 - 04/25/16 01:00 PM Re: Case Tumbler Media Tip [Re: kt999]
Dalaram Offline
cannoneer

Loc: Virginia
City or County: NoVa
They do have several additives specifically for crushed media too, that aren't expensive.

I really like the Frankfort aresenal stuff. I've also dabbled with Flitz, and tried a run with a little pat of Mothers Aluminum polish

All worked very well, though Frankfort is by far the easiest. Squirt and go.

#1069240 - 07/18/16 02:25 PM Re: Case Tumbler Media Tip [Re: kt999]
NovaShooter45 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Manassas
City or County: PW
Another thing to do is to put dryer sheets on top of the center post (my tumbler is a dillon) and it will take a lot of the dust and fine cleaning particles out with it.

I have had luck with walnut bird cage material from Petsmart. 15# for $14. I can't tell the difference when using it. My philosophy is clean, not shiny, so YMMV.