Who's Online
13 registered (graybeard, neoblue, InkedSquid2, harleyguy86, carpetmuncher, Phatsacks, 1911Guncrazy, Spare, 8lugnuts, 4 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1078701 - 08/11/16 09:44 AM Christoph
mike253 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Frederick
I really hate leaving negative feedback, because we all know "stuff happens" and that there are 2 sides to every story. In this case, I'm more than happy to make an exception. Christoph has had 10+ days to contact me, and I know he's logged in during that time so I know he didn't get hit by a bus or something before our scheduled meeting. Apparently he is just a game playing, time wasting, jerkoff who seems to enjoy selling fake parts and not showing up to complete deals. If you choose to deal with this douchebag, you deserve whatever you get:

Christoph sent me a PM about a rifle I had for sale. After a few exchanges, he said "I'll definitely take it, but I'm out of town from 7/16 - 7/23". I agreed to hold the rifle, with the plan being to meet up the weekend of the 23rd. Christoph proceeded to vanish until he PM'd me on 7/26 saying he decided to stay out of town a few days extra and asked if we could meet up on 7/30. Since I know stuff does come up, and since we'd never set a hard date/time to meet, I didn't hold it against him.

We agreed to meet 7/30 at 12:00 p.m. so I blocked ~2 hours out of my schedule (I own a gunsmithing business, I have a full time day job, I have a 2 year old, and I have a newborn who was 4 weeks at the time, so my weekends are absolutely swamped). Around 10:30 a.m. on 7/30, I texted to make sure the meeting was still a go before I drove ~45 minutes to get there. When he hadn't responded 2 hours later I knew he was a flake, but I figured I'd call him just in case the text didn't go through, I also left him a PM here letting him know I called/texted on the off chance he lived in a cave and had no cell coverage at all.

Needless to say, he never responded to the text, never responded to the PM, and never returned my call. Sooooo.. yeah.. Not only did he waste my time, but he caused me to lose 2 hours of time I could have spent dealing with paying customers.

Chances are high that he has a new account (or will soon) due to the "less than glowing" feedback he has under this one. If he does keep using his Christoph account, you'd be wise to delete anything he sends you because he's probably trying to sell you a fake part or waste your time.

Edit: Updating to include the lovely PM I got from Christoph on 8/20. Seems that when he says "we got back yesterday" and agrees to a date/time to meet, you're supposed to assume that he's still out of town and that the entire situation is fluid. Additionally, it seems that texting 2 hours before a scheduled meeting even though you haven't heard from him/attempted to contact him in 4 days makes you a "pushy * hole". Finally, it would seem that none of that matters anyway, because he thinks that saying "I'll definitely take it" and agreeing to a date/time for a meeting doesn't actually mean he'll take the item or show up, it just means he has the option to choose whether he'll actually show up or not.

As previously stated.. if you choose to deal with this douchebag, you deserve whatever you get.

Copy/Paste of the PM from Christoph:

U sell your rifle Mike? I'm douchebag funny u cry on here but what would u say if I was standing in front of u? (probably not much) U don't know me and I sell fake * and all this other stuff. Stop crying my bet is I know u! another middle aged male going threw menopause. I didn't respond because u are a pushy * hole. That's why I have the money and still do, would have gladly met up. But I chose not too. U didn't play it by ear knowing I was out of town u wanted it on your time. Well your time is not all that matters.

#1080155 - 08/14/16 07:02 PM Re: Christoph [Re: mike253]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
PM sent to Christoph for response. Others not involved in this transaction are not to respond.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?