VCDL Alert 8/26/16

A SERIOUS THREAT - ALL OF US HAVE WORK TO DO RIGHT NOW

The gun controllers are continuing to push for gun registration via the Universal Background Check (UBC) scheme. While VCDL has successfully blocked UBC bills in the General Assembly year after year in Virginia, the threat (pushed by Michael Bloomberg and his minions and backed by a lot of money) is going to increase.

To show the seriousness of things:

Recently VCDL had a booth at a large very event in central Virginia, which was not related to guns. Way too many gun owners answered the wrong way when I asked them in a neutral tone, so as not to indicate my feelings on the matter:

"So, what do you think of Universal Background Checks?"

The number of people who admitted they really didn't know anything about UBCs, or responded that they supported, or partially supported, UBCs, was absolutely astonishing to me and everyone else working the booth that day.

Those who said they oppose UBCs, got a handshake from me and congratulations on the right answer, everyone else got handed a UBC factsheet (links to the sheets below). After explaining the problems with UBCs, previous supporters walked away with a different attitude about them.

We have to educate our fellow gun owners (and even non-gun owners who side with us) NOW. If we don't, we could end up in serious trouble down the road, when Bloomberg uses the media in Virginia to run ad after ad pushing UBCs and lying about what UBCs really do.

The best time to stop a fire from burning down your house is when it is tiny (or better yet, use preventative measures to keep the fire from starting in the first place). It is too late if you wait until after the house is engulfed in flames.

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP WITH THE FIGHT?

Print out one or more of the flyers below, become familiar with the talking points on it and hand it to anyone you know or meet that either doesn't understand what Universal Background Checks are or doesn't understand that they are dangerous to our freedom.

NOTE: The third flyer, "'Universal Background Checks' - What is the Truth?" is aimed more at non-gun owners, while the other two are more for gun owners.

WHAT CAN BE DONE AT GUN SHOWS TO FURTHER GET THE WORD OUT?

Way too many gun owners don’t fully understand the consequences of Universal Background Checks. Do NOT assume people at gun shows are truly familiar with UBCs. If you are working a VCDL booth, I suggest asking gun owners passing by, "What do you think of Universal Background Checks?" If they say anything but, "I do not support them," give them one of the handouts and, if there is time, a quick run down on the talking points.

You can also say some of the following things to get their attention:

"If you don't want to have to register your guns, you need to understand the dangers of Universal Background Checks!"

"You won't be able to loan a gun to a friend with Universal Background Checks!"

"Selling a gun to another person will become a nightmare with Universal Background Checks!"

"Universal Background Checks and gun confiscation go hand-in-hand. Don't be fooled by Universal Background Checks!"

LINKS TO THE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK FACT SHEETS TO HANDOUT

"Do You Know the Dangers of 'Universal Background Checks'?"

http://vcdl.org/resources/Documents/UBC_Flyer.pdf

-

"How Would 'Universal Background Checks' Affect YOU?"

http://vcdl.org/resources/Documents/UBC_Flyer_2a.pdf

-

"'Universal Background Checks' - What is the Truth?" (aimed at non-gun owners - suggested and partially authored by member Alan Hammock)

http://vcdl.org/resources/Documents/UBC_Flyer_3.pdf

-------------------------------------------

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.