Who's Online
10 registered (madg71, The_Guvna, er98ah, Jamesriverjoe, 2ggstevo, GeeQ, GreenArrow08, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1098458 - 09/28/16 08:11 PM YounGun
jheist Offline
Nuke

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Woodbridge
1) Purchased SIGp226 based on VAGT post. Original Post listed below.
2) Sale was straight forward. Excellent communication and punctual at meet.
3) Pistol failed to work properly. Gun was in a used state, I figured I would just get troubleshooting help. I wanted this pistol. The slide would not stay open with one specific mag, and the slide would release by itself during a mag change.
4) Called SIG to obtain troubleshooting assistance. Based on the serial number of the pistol, It was originally manufactured and sold as a .40 cal in 2011.
5) I informed YounGun via text of my experience and the information derived from SIG concerning the original manufacturing. YounGun wasn't aware of the pistol malfunctioning during his time with the gun and he informed me of how the pistol was converted to a 9mm with a conversion kit. YounGun also mentioned he stated this information to me during the face to face transaction. I honestly do not recall, I do recall how he stated he was not the original owner and it was a friend of his whom originally purchased the gun. YoungGun did ask what I wanted to do concerning the sale. I informed him that I was making him aware of my experience and that I would send the pistol to SIG for a revision and inform him of the outcome.
6) I sent the pistol in to SIG for them to provide me accurate details on the status of the pistol. It ended up being the mag catch was defective. No mention was provided friom SIG as to how the mag catch became defective. The servicing I purchased addressed the issue.
7) I texted YounGun SIG's findings to close the loop on this deal. He never responded to the first text and has failed to respond to my second text.

All in all, I am all in with the gun. I feel the gun was misrepresented in the original post. If the gun would have performed flawlessly during my initial range session, I would not be writing this feedback post...

Sig Sauer p226 9mm with night sights and upgrades!
YounGun Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Manassas Park
City or County: MANASSAS PARK
I am finally letting go of my beloved but never properly used Sig p226. This 9mm beast is not your standard p226. It comes loaded from barrel to magwell with a total of (really not that many) practical upgrades... Starting with the solid frame and SRT trigger system, coupled with the sweet Tacops model grips, and finished off with the Sig brand Sigazine Night Sights that I probably will mention in the title. Very new (under a year) so plenty of glow and not much use. This pistol was going to become my "beat to heck" duty pistol but I decided to go another route, for interchangeability with the rest of my group. This fantastic package deal will include 3 20 round magazines for unlimited pew-pew (well limited to 60+1 I guess). This will also come with a fantastic Sig Tac paddle holster that is much nicer than competing types, and the same brand double magazine pouch! How can you go wrong with this ready, set, go starter kit for a beautiful pistol.

Don't miss this deal at only $750. Feel free to ask questions to get more info!

Best pics:

http://imgur.com/a/5yJsX

#1098485 - 09/28/16 09:27 PM Re: YounGun [Re: jheist]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to YounGun

Members not involved in this transaction are NOT allowed to reply to this thread.

#1098504 - 09/28/16 09:55 PM Re: YounGun [Re: jheist]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Loc: CO
City or County: CO
Wow. Simple pm may have solved a lot.
I busted my phone a few days ago and was waiting for it to get fixed, have not had a well working phone until today, check my profile, you will notice I have just posted many things as I was finally able to take pictures and such with the new phone.
The member is correct that he experienced problems and informed me, I did not experience these problems. I did inform him completely of the pistols origin and history. Not that that would effect its function. I very plainly asked what he would like to do and gladly would have issued a refund, but he said he was sending it in instead. I would be curious also what services were purchased, as I would assume a mag catch failure would be under sigs customer service.
I did NOT receive any messages from this member, on here or via text, but I will add that its likely that he did text me and I never received it or saw it, but a pm would have done the job and should be a natural thought. Heck even a phone call could have done it, I may have been able to answer it depending on the day that communication was attempted.
I would have gladly worked things out with this member, if I had been reached. I feel my previously excellent reputation has been quickly slighted based on a lack of communication. That said, I apologize for any inconvenience I caused and will ensure to remind everyone that I do business with to pm me if anything arises. I even end every deal with, "if you have any problem let me know and I will make it right".

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!