Who's Online
2 registered (gobbler, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1101002 - 10/04/16 07:54 PM Jason Horowitz
d12 Offline

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Hampton
On 1 October Jason posted an item for sale with an asking price and OBO. I was interested so i made an offer; he counter offered and I agreed. We made a deal and agreed to meet the following morning midway at 1100. A little after midnight he texted me and said he may have to cancel because his girlfriend may be called into work and he'd let me know around 1000. He said "We can try for another day this week if tomorrow's a bust" and I told him it was not a problem, that I could wait.
The next morning (2 Oct) I sent him a message a few minutes after 1000 asking if we were still on and he told me his girlfriend got called in and we'd have to look at another day. Again I told him it wasn't a problem that I'd wait. That evening I noticed his ad was not up anymore so I sent him the following PM:
"Hey Jason,
I just noticed that you no longer have the S&W 65 posted for sale. I am hoping that it is because we had an agreement and are just waiting to get together. If this is the case please let me know when you're available this week and we can work something out. If you decided not to sell it or sold it to someone else please let me know that as well. Thanks."
I never got a response but I did notice another user had posted feedback on his profile just before noon saying that he had just completed a deal with Jason.
I sent him another message the following day (3 Oct) to see if he'd be able to meet that day or the next. He said he wasn't sure and that later in the week would probably be best. Again I told him I'd wait.
I have continued to try to get in touch with him to no avail and as a last resort reached out to the member who had posted feedback on Jason's profile to see if the deal they made included the item I was interested in. We spoke today and I found out that Jason had in fact sold the item we had agreed on to Tiki_Guy. Tiki_Guy of course was not aware of Jason's previous agreement with me and was such a pleasure to speak to, so upstanding, and so amiable that he offered to immediately sell me the item at the price he had purchased it.
Jason's lack of integrity and blatant lies even after selling the item is truly shocking to me. It is by far the worst display of character that I've seen on this site thus far. He never let me know he had received a better offer, still has not told me he sold the item that we had agreed on, and his failure to keep his word caused me to miss out on an identical item posted later in the day on 1 Oct. Had he at least told me he had a better offer we could have worked out an agreement or I could have purchased the same item from another member. For a man who claims to be Military I would expect more integrity. Do not trust Jason Horowitz!

The Rules of the website says "*When a deal is agreed, mark your post Sold Pending Funds(SPF) until the deal is complete." He failed to do this when we made a deal and when he made a deal with others.

#1101036 - 10/04/16 08:45 PM Re: Jason Horowitz [Re: d12]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to Jason Horowitz.

Members not involved in this transaction are NOT allowed to reply.

#1101052 - 10/04/16 09:51 PM Re: Jason Horowitz [Re: d12]
Jason Horowitz Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
City or County: Chesapeake
It is true that my post was not edited to reflect "Sold Pending Funds." It is also true that the firearm in question was sold to Tiki_Guy prior to my planned meeting with d12. I did cancel my meeting with d12 so as not to stand him up. It is also true that I was not able to make the trip to Hampton on Sunday due to having to stay home that day to watch the kids. Tiki_Guy and I met up at the gas station just down the street from my house-a trip I was able to make on Sunday. Not much more to say than that.