Who's Online
12 registered (spaatz11, Erikthemad, JAXGroove, JakeBenjis, htc0, Firearms_Fan, jkinch05, jblack87, DonChimino, sonicJOL, MrHandcuffs, enkrates9), 5 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1111222 - 10/29/16 09:43 PM Mattaudet reneged on our deal???
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
So I agreed to give this member his asking price for a nice S&W pistol on 10/21. On 10/22 he pm's me and say, OK, I will give you a call. He says I missed his call but I received no message on my phone. I reply to his PM and confirm my phone number. On 10/23 he says, Ok, I will call you later this week. I reply that the 24th would be a good day for us to meet as I was off all day. That same day the exact same pistol comes out for sale on VGT, but for $180 more than his asking price. On 10/25 I notice the add for his pistol is gone. I get a PM that day stating; "I have marked the topic sold but it is not sold yet just have had too many hits on it now. I am going to try to work out meeting with you. You were the first to inquire".

I PM him on 10/25 and say, ok thanks. I get nothing from him since the 25th. On the 27th I send him another PM and ask if he still has the pistol for sale? No response. On the 28th I send another PM and state the following: "Okay, it has been 3.5 days since you said you marked it sold and were selling it to me. Since then you have neither contacted me nor logged on to VGT. You have my phone number and I've sent you multiple PMs through VGT stating I want the pistol. Please don't tell me that you have sold it to another member or withdrawn it because you think you can get more for it later. I hope I am wrong. That said, if I don't hear from you by Saturday evening I will consider you to have reneged on your agreement to sell me the pistol for $400. I will post feedback accordingly. You can check my feedback. If I say I will buy something I always follow through. Please get back to me to work this out. Thanks!"

So... I have not heard from this member at all after he agreed to sell me the pistol at his asking price. He pulled the listing stating he was going to sell it to me. I checked his feedback and found that he has done this same thing previously.

I hope I am wrong and that something has come up and prevented him from being able to get onto VGT to communicate with me. Should that be the case I will amend this feedback accordingly. I really hope I am wrong and this member follows through with his agreement.

ETA 11/1/16: So yesterday I check my phone and I notice that I have a voicemail from this member. The VM is telling me that he was out of town unexpectedly and that is why he didn't ever get back to me. Tells me that he still has the pistol and will sell it to me. Only problem is that he never gives me his phone number on the VM. My phone never got an incoming call from him so I assume he called when my phone was off.

Today I check my phone and find a text from him stating that he is listing the gun on Armslist since it seems I don't want to deal with him now. This text msg if the very first time I have ever gotten his phone number from him since I PM'ed on Oct. 21 stating "I will take it" for his asking price. So, I check Armslist and sure enough, there is the nice little S&W 3913 I agreed to buy and him to sell to me, but listed for $50.00 more. So... I conclude that since he hasn't read any of my PMs in the last week nor given me his phone number contact him that this is over. At this point I don't need the pistol that bad and hope he gets his new asking price on Armslist.

Edited by ktyhawk (11/01/16 01:30 PM)
Edit Reason: additional info added on 11/01/16

#1111238 - 10/29/16 10:47 PM Re: Mattaudet reneged on our deal??? [Re: ktyhawk]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to Mattaudet inviting a reply.

Members not involved in this transaction are not allowed to post a reply.

#1113402 - 11/04/16 11:30 AM Re: Mattaudet reneged on our deal??? [Re: ktyhawk]
Mattaudet Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesterfield
I apologize for the miscommunication. I was sent out of town unexpectedly for family reasons and the firearm had become the lesser of priorities. I posted on armslist after he had clearly been upset about my miscommunication (my fault and I understand) because it was clear he was no longer interested in conducting a transaction with me. The reason this member did not receive my phone number is because his phone was off. Obviously I was unaware of that when I left the voice message but I sent a text as well. He was not accepting of the situation that had occurred with my out of town trip and chooses to have no empathy for it. This was something more important then me worrying about responding to someone wanting to buy my firearm, in no rude context at all. So with all being said, I apologize for the miscommunication.

S/N I did call the member as soon as I was back in town to apologize for ALL lack of communication, and to let him know I still had the pistol and he was more than welcome to buy it. This member had first dibs, being that he contacted me first.

EDIT: In regards to his comment about the pistol coming out on VAGT for $580, that is NOT my pistol. I still own the one I wanted to sell originally. That was an incorrect assumption.

#1114154 - 11/06/16 02:00 PM Re: Mattaudet reneged on our deal??? [Re: Mattaudet]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Well... after all that we both realized that we could salvage the deal. We met up today and I got the pistol from him and we both left with a shake of the hand. It may not have started out well but ended up just fine in the end. Gun was in great condition too. So it all worked out in the end.

Thanks Matt!