VA Gun Trader thanks you!
Your donations help keep the website free and also allows for improvements.

Click the PayPal button or IM me for further info and thank you!

Whenever you use this search button to buy on Amazon, you are supporting VGT at no extra cost to you.

Anything you purchase is helping to pay for Hosting and Bandwidth.

Click image(s), below to buy on Amazon

VGT Advertisers ( Sign Up With Us )
Topic Options
#1110694 - 10/28/16 02:25 PM List of attorneys (by VA country) familiar with guns and gun laws?
James_Duncan Offline
Honesty and integrity from 25+ years online

Loc: VA
City or County: Ashland
Request: Can anyone recommend a few attorneys (or a list) who are equipped to dealing with gun laws and serve Arlington County general district court?

What happened: A friend of a friend was arrested carrying an unfinished (brand new, unaltered) 80% lower receiver through the DCA airport TSA checkpoint. It was a gift and she was not well educated or spoken about what it was, so they threw the book at her. She was released, but summoned to appear in court for violation of Virginia criminal code 18-2 287.01 (http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia/2006/toc1802000/18.2-287.01.html) and faces a class 1 misdemeanor, a year in jail and $2500 in fines.

This is nonsense. It's a friggin' piece of plastic. However, it should be taken and dealt with seriously.

Advice / recommendations / pointers appreciated. I'm sure that others would appreciate such a list and we can agree beforehand that any recommendations are not "endorsements" and the responsibility of choice and due diligence would clearly be the defendant's in selecting an appropriate attorney. [u][/u]

#1122462 - 11/27/16 01:06 AM Re: List of attorneys (by VA country) familiar with guns and gun laws? [Re: James_Duncan]
James_Duncan Offline
Honesty and integrity from 25+ years online

Loc: VA
City or County: Ashland
Update: I found someone, so all will be well. In case you stumble upon my post, here's some guidance:

Great list of VA Gun Friendly Attorneys/Lawyers:
http://www.hkshooter.net/lawyers/

Also, I learned:
1) Because this was a Virginia issue, the BATF guidance doesn't apply. Virginia will make its own rules. That's bad.
2) To argue that it isn't a "receiver" or "frame", we'll point out that either requires the holes and pockets to allow assembly of parts into a weapon. Since this has not been drilled, nor machined, in a manner that allowed assembly, it is neither a receiver nor frame.

Hope this info helps someone!