Two things lately I think deserve mentioning, the recent filibuster and Democratic sit-in @ Congress, and that ridiculous article about why AR15's are so scary to shoot that some of y'all are already talking about here...

First off, the filibuster to force a vote, and subsequent sit-in by Dems, demanding a law that precludes people on secret government lists from being able to buy a gun. From left leaning orgs such as the ACLU, to many mainstream news orgs, we've seen criticism of this proposal - the fact that this proposal skirts all due process is a non starter for eliminating a Constitutional right. Imagine proposing the use of a secret government list to deny Americans of any other Constitutional right?! That being said, obviously no legitimate gun owner wants to see terrorists able to legally obtain arms in our country, but the threat of that being possible doesn't mean we throw our whole system of checks and balances, and due process of law out the window...

That article about how shooting an AR15 gave Gersh Kuntzman "Temporary PTSD" was almost laughable, were it not so pathetic and potentially insulting to our vets suffering from ACTUAL PTSD. When I saw a reference to the story, I went and found the actual story and the picture of this Gersh Kuntzman character, and I read it in amazement. My first reaction to his claim that the "recoil hurt his shoulder" was to try and find the picture of my 5-year old nephew shouldering his dad's AR, while my brother in law provided some support with the foregrip, and he actually fired the rifle and then smiled broadly...I think this article was merely propaganda designed to turn unknoledgeable people against MSR's. There are a surprising number of people who've never been exposed to firearms, and have no idea what the experience of using one is like.

The rhetoric around guns has certainly been heating up lately. This coming Presidential election should be interesting.