Who's Online
7 registered (Trx450rmam, 2022runner, GeeQ, Dasher579, OvDuvy, Dalel, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1146442 - 01/21/17 11:20 AM Cdj
DasGootz Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Springfield
City or County: Fairfax County
User CDJ - Backed out of Deal

I put my Kahr CW9 up for sale and got a response from the member saying he is interested and has good guy credentials. I sent him a message with my cell number and we started texting. A price was agreed upon, a date and a meeting point was all set up. I sent a text the day of the sale 5 hours before the meetup double checking that we were still on. His reply was that he couldn't get off of work till later than the meet up time and that we could meet another day.

I responded yes, which day is good for you. He said his work schedule is the next couple of days from 8-6 and "if I sell it before then no hard feelings if you still have it on Monday I will get it from you".

My response: "Thanks for the heads up. I have Monday off because of the holiday. No one has really made an offer yet so if it's still there on Monday let's meet up".

I received no offers over the weekend so I texted the member and said "So far no bites on the cw9. I'll drop the price 20 bucks to 330 if you want it tomorrow. I have the morning off and can meet you".

He said he got called into work and wouldn't be able to do it. I understand work schedules can be tricky, so I asked what day would be best for him. He said Wednesday. We agreed to the same meet up place and time as the previous meeting. Price, meeting point and time were confirmed via text, as well as what we were driving.

At 2:08, about 3 hours before the meetup, I get a text from the member that reads "Hey I can't make it again u can sell it to someone else".

I was worried about this and almost half expected it. I don't think there was an interest to buy it, but he could never pull the trigger to finalize and meet up. I understand that work schedules and life schedules change, but being blown off twice and the last text wasn't even an apology just a blowoff I took a mild offense at that.

#1146474 - 01/21/17 12:41 PM Re: User CDJ - Backed out of Deal [Re: DasGootz]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to Cdj

Members not involved in this transaction do NOT reply to this thread.

Lj - site moderator