Who's Online
1 registered (WombatRider), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1161611 - 02/21/17 07:37 AM Shooting range recommendations
CavScoutdddddd Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Stafford
Good day to all,

First off thank you for any input you can provide. I moved here to Stafford from TX and am searching for a outdoor range preferably. Places I have found here online seem ridiculous to me. High fees, crowded, restrictive. Loved TX where I could pull up, pay small fee, place target and blaze away. Pistol and rifle out to 100 is fine for now. Also any that stretch out a bit further, maybe with steal targets would be ideal. Also if anyone owns land and permits shooting I could offer some training in exchange. I am a 24yr, combat arms Senior NCO, Retired US Army. More than 4 years in combat zone and most of that 24 years training Soldiers on all weapons related topics. Thanks for the assistance all. God Bless! Ron (text) 719-649-5588

#1161645 - 02/21/17 08:46 AM Re: Shooting range recommendations [Re: CavScoutdddddd]
UBETRUN Offline
Marksman

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: Stafford
There is a free range at the CF Phelps Wildlife Management Area just south of Stafford off Rt 17.

West of Stafford off Rt 610 is the Isaac Walton League that is $200 per year for good 100 yard rifle, 25 yard pistol, archery, and multiple shotgun ranges. There are other perks to IWLA like camping, fishing, turkey shoots, and hunter's education classes.

On Quantico Marine Corps base, there is Quantico Shooting Club that's ridiculously cheap and allows members to use many of the Quantico ranges for recreational fire including the 1000 yard rifle range that allows steel targets. QSC ranges aren't open all of the time, a club RSO has to sign up to open a range, but they are open often enough to make the membership fee the best deal in the country.