Who's Online
4 registered (Jedi958, 315santiago, wcd70, 1 invisible), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1183408 - 04/09/17 11:08 AM davidson79
newguy Offline
Single barrel

Loc: tschuess
City or County: tschuess
I tried to handle this on the lowest level, with a mod behind the scenes, for better than two weeks. I know there will be a link to this on my profile, and that I will not be able to edit or delete it. I also feel foolish for having made myself a victim

On 1 November, I agreed to loan davidson79 a BCG and charging handle until 1 January. When the time was up, I started contacting him to get my things back and he has ducked me since, except a single phone call when he refused to meet. He recently listed my BCG for sale as part of another rifle. He did so not just here on VGT but also on armslist. I do not know my charging handle's fate.

Ripping me off is one thing. Selling my stuff instead of just enjoying it for yourself is another. I got with the mods 25 March. They gave him the chance to return my stuff, which is all I wanted, but he did not bother. They pulled all his posts 7 April.

He lied to the mods about how he got my BCG until seeing a screen cap I took of it being a loan. He lied about trying to contact me to return it. As his story disintegrated, he cited a family emergency as a reason to:

"...worry about a bolt carrier when I'm done with (family emergency) first...not going to worry about it..."

As of today, 9 April, he has yet to respond to any of my PMs, and they are marked unread. Somehow he manages to read the PMs from mods, though.

The mods did a great job here, as on armslist where the same listing with my stolen BCG was taken down almost immediately.

If only for the popcorn I will eat, I look forward to davidson79's response. He's going to have to concoct something new, or reiterate disproven claims. I caution the reader to be skeptical of claims from someone so quick to fence expensive AR parts from a 70% disabled vet of early operations in Iraq.

#1183480 - 04/09/17 02:57 PM Re: davidson79 [Re: newguy]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to davidson79 encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

For the record, I have been trying to get him to respond and resolve this issue for the past 3 weeks with no success.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1199368 - 05/17/17 09:49 AM Re: davidson79 [Re: newguy]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
davidson79 has been banned from this site.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln