Who's Online
8 registered (M4E1, Firearms_Fan, Copiam, Ramsey, 4 invisible), 8 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1189924 - 04/24/17 08:58 PM Springfielder
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
I had committed to buy the 38 SPL ammo he had and he asked when I could pick it up. I said Wednesday night because I had class monday and Tuesday night and he then turned around and sold it to someone who could pick it up Monday night. Bad way to do business, keep your deals!!

#1189959 - 04/24/17 10:08 PM Re: Springfielder [Re: OSU84]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Springfielder encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

Note: Please review the rules. Negative feedback comments are NOT to be left in members profiles.

Originally Posted By: OSU84
I had committed to buy the 38 SPL ammo he had and he asked when I could pick it up. I said Wednesday night because I had class monday and Tuesday night and he then turned around and sold it to someone who could pick it up Monday night. Bad way to do business, keep your deals!!

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1189964 - 04/24/17 10:29 PM Re: Springfielder [Re: BobVA]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
Sorry about that, Was not aware you could not leave negative comments on a profile. I emailed him saying I would take the ammo if it was still available. He said it was and when could I pick it up? That was a deal made as far as I am concerned. Am I correct about that? when I said I could not pick it up until Wednesday as I had class Monday and Tuesday night he then sold it someone else who could pick it up Monday night. To me that was a breach of a deal.
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1190034 - 04/25/17 09:12 AM Re: Springfielder [Re: OSU84]
springfielder Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Occoquan
Once again I will respond to you: I never made a "deal" with you. I told you the ammunition was available and that you would have to pick it up in Springfield. You said you lived in Stafford and weren't available until Wednesday. I never told you I would reserve it for you, nor did you ask for it to be reserved for you. I also was unwilling to drive to Stafford or "meet half way" for a lot priced that cheaply.

The lot was priced to sell quickly to a buyer who was willing to pick it up in Springfield. I priced the item because I needed it to sell quickly, and several users responded with interest, and I told them the same thing: it was available for pick up in Springfield.

You are not entitled to buy items because you want them and send a message asking if it was available. I already had one no-show on another similarly priced item, and I'm sure tons of users would have tons of no-shows if everyone tried to "reserve" items by asking if they were available then trying to haggle, etc. Your mentality of hearing that something is "available" means it's yours is immature. If you had asked for the lot to be reserved, or offered to pay extra for me to reserve it, that would be different. You did neither of those things. The "bad business" end of this transaction has been your attitude as a potential buyer.