Who's Online
18 registered (varichwilson, vafred, nickjlvirginia, GreenArrow08, 2headwolf, VA_SHAKA, TQV203, Speedyarms, anarchy, wrickster, CrispyPickle, MSGShaw, 6 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1109958 - 10/26/16 04:15 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
one thing to remember here guys with all the firearms owned or stolen by looters a house will not stop bullets, just a thought but if i was with a bunch of looters id say soften it up a bit before goin for the door, just a thought. in the situation yall are talkin about the average home defense just wont hold, a brick home is a little tougher

Edited by imaduckin (10/26/16 04:16 PM)

#1153182 - 02/04/17 06:59 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
James Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Gods country
City or County: Fairfax/Bristow/Rixeyville
They would hear and see my dogs and most likely walk away, but if they didn't then I'm sure one look at "monster truck" through my front window and they would likely definitly walk away. But! If they are all smacked out on bath salts and have that look in there eyes like they are gonna eat my face and ears off, then ....
I reckon I would put monster truck and the others in the basement, push the fridge over, roll a 15 pound charge of tannerite to the door, put a helmet and a pair of goggles on, duck behind the fridge, light a cigar and let it eat.

Then tell anyone that asked , the reason that I had to dump so many ak mags was because they blew my front door up.

But like I said, I think they would turn around and go the other way:)

This is of course if I even owned a firearm

Edited by James (02/04/17 08:57 PM)
"Freedom is never more than 1 generation away from extinction. We didnt pass it to our children through blood, It must be fought for, protected, and passed on....or we will tell our children's children what it was like in America when men were free."

#1154901 - 02/07/17 06:48 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
sousana Offline
Golani Sheli

Loc: Hampton Roads, Peninsula
City or County: Hampton
Hence new home build with concrete and steel beems
6 civilians
2 suicide bombers
To all, never forgotten, to all the HM's I went to "A/C" school with, Semper Fi" Fair winds & following seas
Total: 307

#1156554 - 02/11/17 07:28 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Kiboko]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Appomattox
Originally Posted By: Kiboko
Originally Posted By: Ryan327
AR-15, I want the most firepower I can carry. 5+1 in my shotgun just isn't enough.

I dunno, a shotgun might take down more home-invaders faster. If they're at the door you might not need the range of a rifle. If you want more rounds then maybe look into that new Kel-Tec double magazine shotgun or even *gasp* a streetsweeper (despite their legality someone once offered to sell me one). Also the sound of a pump-action shotgun is pretty unique and a good deterrant. You could also practice the ol' load a new shell while cycling the action trick.

I've got a Mossberg Persuader (has one of the loadest pump *cha-chunk* noises). It's outfitted with a holder for extra shells, the magazine is full of buckshot/law-enforcement rounds. It's got a pistol grip for indoor maneuverability - if I need to aim it I have a green-laser affixed to the barrel (the light is strong enough to light up a room sorta). I also threw on a heatshield cause I thought it would make it look more 'boss.'

BTW, NO! I have never 'pretend' cleared the house with it [lolz], it hangs in the closet and gets oiled about thrice a year, I've only shot it a handful of times since most of the ranges here are indoors.

Love the shotgun for this situation. I am looking for one of the KelTec double mag guns for serious social encounters. Have a G20 with 15 rounds. Love the 10mm but the Glock is a piece of junk. I just hope it continues to cycle if I need it. I should be usefull to provide enough time to get to the 1911s and shotgun reloads, I hope. One must make do with what one has I guess.

#1158555 - 02/14/17 09:35 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Paratus]
ivs Offline
Single barrel

City or County: Henrico
Originally Posted By: Paratus

Love the shotgun for this situation. I am looking for one of the KelTec double mag guns for serious social encounters. Have a G20 with 15 rounds. Love the 10mm but the Glock is a piece of junk. I just hope it continues to cycle if I need it. I should be usefull to provide enough time to get to the 1911s and shotgun reloads, I hope. One must make do with what one has I guess.

If G20 is a junk, may be you would like to deposit it in may trash can? grin

#1158993 - 02/15/17 07:22 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: ivs]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

Loc: Mcgaheysville
City or County: Rockingham
Originally Posted By: ivs
Originally Posted By: Paratus

If G20 is a junk, may be you would like to deposit it in may trash can? grin
Shotgun is tough to beat in any HD situation. As for the Glock , chances are it will work better than the 1911 if and when called on . My .02

#1174083 - 03/19/17 12:50 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
BCasey8891 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Chesterfield
Shotgun

#1178454 - 03/29/17 12:58 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
aka-cyberman Offline
Double Tap

City or County: Isle Of Wight County

Edited by aka-cyberman (03/29/17 01:07 AM)

#1178456 - 03/29/17 01:03 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
aka-cyberman Offline
Double Tap

City or County: Isle Of Wight County
Let 'Em In

Someone's knocking at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in

--Paul McCartney

Edited by aka-cyberman (03/29/17 01:07 AM)

#1180728 - 04/02/17 11:43 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas

#1184430 - 04/11/17 07:35 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Me,I'd reach for Muffin and Tater,along with a baseball bat.Working with rescue pitbulls has a distinct advantage,and after two ninety pound dogs that love me are done,I'll most likely be just leaning on the bat anyway.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1216266 - 06/24/17 11:00 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
MetroBluing Offline
Always Lurking

Loc: Va
City or County: Loudoun
Also during these times of unrest it never hurts to have a "Kill Dozer" at the ready.

We have all seen the one on YouTube and what it was capable of . Nothing like surprising your neighbors with an armored track vehicle that you secretly built in your garage out back. KNOCK. KNOCK Muther****er!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, don't forget the shotty

#1528761 - 08/21/19 08:19 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1538808 - 09/17/19 04:53 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Small group
12 gauge

****assumes I have the clarity to figure out how many****

More than 3 will probably be Sub2000 9mmwith 30 round mag and 147HPs.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1539000 - 09/18/19 08:17 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
I always try to keep a handgun close at hand for a surprise immediate threat , whether it be in my vehicle , out in public , at home or even in my yard or the woods , so that I can either stop or atleast pin down the threat until I can get to the shotgun or rifle , then it’s on like Donkey Kong sucker . That is what’s left after the German Shepard and Doberman leave me anything to blast , But you always have to bear in mind , that handgun might be the only thing that will save you , so you can’t always count on getting to that big gun . You have to react immediately and eliminate the threat .

And on another note , I have 1911 , Browning Hi Power , Glocks , M&P , and the Glock is still my first choice for carry and defense .

Of course , this was all before I lost all my guns in the great boat accident of 03’ .........

Edited by tonyglock40man (09/18/19 08:31 AM)
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1570937 - 12/14/19 09:37 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
The Governor of Virginia has allegedly ordered a small cadre of staffers to begin the process for determining how to cut off electricity, telephones/ FAXES, Cellular phones AND DATA, as well as the Internet, in areas where he plans to send Virginia National Guard Troops to forcibly seize guns when the Democrat legislature convenes in January!

The order was allegedly given to a very small and trusted group of staffers, some of whom it turns out, do not agree (at all) with this idea.

#1570939 - 12/14/19 09:38 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4