Who's Online
18 registered (keepitreal, rem7mm, maknwakes, JND, 2DG, seven hills, GeeQ, stangsandmore, Riverroad, Ben_K, djmeelow, Mr.Moose, Shooterguy, Too, WagonBurner, 3 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1245266 - 08/30/17 02:40 PM User - "Trop"
Xander_Hernandez Offline
OIF_combat_vet

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Hey, Traders.

So, the user with the name "Trop," STAY AWAY. He and I agreed upon terms for the trade of firearms, with cash and other items involved. We locked in a date, time, and location for the meet, of which was approximately 2 hours distance for each of us in either direction. On the day of the meet, I confirmed with him that the meet was still good to go, as well as time and location. Upon confirmation from him, I gathered up the items and go on the road. Approximately 60 miles/1 hour into my trip, I get a text from him stating there's an emergency and he can no longer meet. Of course, although frustrated, I show understanding and let him know we can arrange another meet, and I return home. In the several days following, I reach out a number of times and get absolutely ZERO communication from him - not one word.

That said, I have come to believe the "emergency" was a fabrication. As to why the last minute bail, I have no clue - but, I would highly recommend other traders don't conduct business with "Trop," unless you live within 5 minutes of him (and even then, tread carefully).

I hope this keeps any other traders from getting disrespected by him as I did, and saves you all the time and money (for gas) that I lost.

Thanks,
Xander

#1246045 - 09/01/17 10:32 AM Re: User - "Trop" [Re: Xander_Hernandez]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Trop inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln