Who's Online
3 registered (harley, RamMan, 1 invisible), 6 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1252948 - 09/16/17 01:09 PM burkeman
Thomas_Atkinson Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: King and Queen
I contacted burkeman in reference to his Sig P938. Asked if he'd be willing to meet in Fredericksburg since it was a midway point for the two of us (slightly closer for him). He responded that he had a buyer already in line but if the deal fell through he would contact me. He contacted me on Friday to let me know the deal fell through and he'd be willing to meet me in Fredericksburg Sunday evening. When I asked what time he was thinking , he responded he changed his mind he didn't want to deal with I-95 traffic. He said he'd rather wait on a sale closer to his location even if it didn't sell.

Whether you sell or not, don't agree to meet with someone then change your mind at the last moment. I was prepared to pay his asking price for the Sig since he was willing to meet. Heck I would have even met closer to him so the deal could have happened but he didn't even ask if that was possible.

Attachments
IMG_2087.PNG

IMG_2088.PNG

Edited by Thomas_Atkinson (09/16/17 01:14 PM)

#1253346 - 09/17/17 12:02 PM Re: burkeman [Re: Thomas_Atkinson]
burkeman Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Fairfax
An unfortunate and petulant retaliation by "Thomas_Atkinson" to a situation that did not turn out to suit him, after what had been (I thought) a courteous and respectful exchange. First, my advertisement clearly states a sale in “northern VA”. Though maybe geographically almost equidistant, it’s disingenuous to compare the relative leisure of driving from Gloucester to Fredericksburg versus the I-95 grind from F’burg to Springfield. The real irony, however, (and this exchange occurred AFTER his childish review) he later continued the PM exchange to ask if we could meet up here in two weeks (when he planned to be at the Chantilly gun show anyway) if the item hadn’t sold by then and (thinking that I was dealing with a straight-up guy) I agreed. Members of VGT with much longer records of participation and positive feedback deserve better treatment than offered by this individual.

#1253459 - 09/17/17 05:09 PM Re: burkeman [Re: Thomas_Atkinson]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded.

Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln