VA Gun Trader thanks you!
Your donations help keep the website free and also allows for improvements.

Click the PayPal button or IM me for further info and thank you!

Whenever you use this search button to buy on Amazon, you are supporting VGT at no extra cost to you.

Anything you purchase is helping to pay for Hosting and Bandwidth.

Click image(s), below to buy on Amazon

VGT Advertisers ( Sign Up With Us )
Topic Options
#1264672 - 10/12/17 05:27 PM Sequential Pair of .44-40 Smoke Wagons w/Runnin Iron Hammers
CharlieP Offline
The Dude

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Stafford
I have a pair of Smoke Wagons in .44-40 that I bought from Taylor's on their first Open House Saturday three years ago in December. While not a matched pair per se, they do have sequential serial numbers and Tom (Taylor's gunsmith) installed Runnin' Iron hammers in them before I arrived to pick them up so they cock very fast and easy for competition.

I don't know the round count, but I shot them at most of the monthly matches and occasional practice sessions for the first two years. This year I've only got them out once for a match and once for practice. I've switched to Frontiersman category and no longer need this type of revolver.

I replaced the springs with Wolff Springs main and bolt/trigger springs. I did not like the super lightness of the main springs, so I put the factory main springs back in but I will include the lightweight main springs for you to install if you so desire. I kept the Wolff bolt/trigger springs in because the wire-type springs are more reliable than the flat springs.

I have also put brass Sure Hit covers on the front sights - they are removable if you don't like them.

They are beautiful and they shoot extremely well.

$900 for both revolvers, boxes, manuals and the Wolff main springs. Please do not ask me to break the pair up as I will not do it. The only trade I can think of that interests me would be a Rossi 92 in .357 or 44.

Attachments
SmokeWagons_2.jpg

SmokeWagons_4.jpg

SmokeWagons_5.jpg

#1265356 - 10/14/17 08:42 AM Re: Sequential Pair of .44-40 Smoke Wagons w/Runnin Iron Hammers [Re: CharlieP]
CharlieP Offline
The Dude

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Stafford
bump