Who's Online
7 registered (13D_B3S, M374ME, Noah123, toojon, DougN, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1264412 - 10/11/17 11:42 PM Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL)
KRE610USA Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: NoVa
Are there any Virginia state laws that make it unlawful for an unlicensed seller to personally ship a rifle to an FFL in another state, as opposed to shipping the rifle from a Virginia FFL to the out of state FFL? I have researched this and have not found any info on VA laws that would make this unlawful, but was hoping to get confirmation. Thanks in advance.

#1264461 - 10/12/17 07:30 AM Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) [Re: KRE610USA]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Done it many times on 24 Hour Campfire. I personally call the FFL and make sure they are legit and willing to receive (and double verify on-line they are actually an FFL).

Finding a shipper can be tougher. I use USPS in rural areas. Why rural ares? The NOVA/Urban USPS employees HATE GUNS and GUN STUFF.

Stafford, Remington, Catlett, Gloucester etc. (rural) have always know the rules on shipping a gun WITHOUT DRAMA.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by Cash is King (10/12/17 07:52 AM)
Edit Reason: typos... as always.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1266830 - 10/17/17 06:11 PM Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) [Re: KRE610USA]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
There are no Federal or Virginia laws that you have to ship from an FFL. Most states do not have laws that way either, but sometimes the receiving FFL wants it to come from an FFL.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1267511 - 10/19/17 08:52 AM Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) [Re: Cash is King]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Done it many times on 24 Hour Campfire. I personally call the FFL and make sure they are legit and willing to receive (and double verify on-line they are actually an FFL).

Finding a shipper can be tougher. I use USPS in rural areas. Why rural ares? The NOVA/Urban USPS employees HATE GUNS and GUN STUFF.

Stafford, Remington, Catlett, Gloucester etc. (rural) have always know the rules on shipping a gun WITHOUT DRAMA.

Best of luck to you.

What Cash said. Always good to make sure the receiving FFL is in the loop before you ship.

Also, good idea that if you have one inbound that your FFL will also receive from an individual if that is the way it is coming.

#1272143 - 10/30/17 04:36 AM Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) [Re: KRE610USA]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Ffl ez check