VA Gun Trader thanks you!
Your donations help keep the website free and also allows for improvements.

Click the PayPal button or IM me for further info and thank you!

Whenever you use this search button to buy on Amazon, you are supporting VGT at no extra cost to you.

Anything you purchase is helping to pay for Hosting and Bandwidth.

Click image(s), below to buy on Amazon

VGT Advertisers ( Sign Up With Us )
Topic Options
#1304241 - 01/13/18 11:15 PM WTS: LNIB Sig Sauer P229 Classic 22 Pistol with .40 Cal X-Change Kit
Old Guy Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Roanoke
City or County: Roanoke
Everything is Sig OEM. I am the original owner. Never carried.

In keeping with my 2018 New Year resolution: If ya don't shoot it, ya gotta move it.

This is a 2009 Sig .22 Cal on a P229 railed frame, DA/SA, Decocker. (It is nothing like the problematic Sig Mosquito.)

This package deal which is essentially 2 Sigs for the price of one includes:
- (1) Sig P229 Classic .22 LR Pistol, Black with Sig adjustable contrast sights & (2) 22 LR 10 round Sig mags
- (1) Sig P229 .40 Caliber X-Change Kit, Black, Nitron finish, factory SIGLITE Night Sights, includes (1) 10 round Sig .40/.357 mag
- (2) Sig .40/.357 cal. 12 round phosphate (non-shiny) magazines
- (2) Plastic Sig cases they came in, Manual, padlock

To the range twice and have shot no more than:
- 100 rounds of .22 LR
- 200 rounds of .40 Cal.

Absolutely no issues.

Note: After buying the Sig P229 Classic .22 and the .40 Cal X-Change kit I put the .40 Cal kit on and it became my night stand .40 Cal pistol of choice for home defense until several months ago. The P229 frame is the exact same for the .22, 9mm, .357 and .40 slide/barrel options. The frame is registered in VA as a .22 pistol because that’s the way I bought it new.

- I listed this for awhile as a P229 .40 with a .22LR X-Chage kit, but to be 100% accurate I decided to list it as originally purchased. It will be delivered as a P229 .40 with a .22 X-Change kit.

Caliber X-Change Kit, P229, .40 AUTO, BLK - http://store.sigsauer.com/caliber-x-change-kit-p229-40-auto-blk.html
"The SIG SAUER Caliber X-Change Kit for the P229 allows users to switch centerfire to .40 AUTO. 12rd. magazine. P229 kits may require modification/hand fitting to fit properly when going between 9MM and 40 AUTO/357SIG."

* (Sig only suggests possible issues when switching between 9mm to .40 Cal/357Sig kits or vice versa as I understand the above.)

I saved the following from Sig's website before they phased out production of the P229 Classic .22 model as they do various models from time to time:

SIG SAUER's new Classic centerfire pistols new .22 LR Rimfire models. The same P220®, P226®, and P229® that have been used by civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel the world over, can now have these same models factory built in .22LR. The SIG SAUER® Classic .22’s are built on the same frame as their centerfire counterparts.

All three Classic .22’s feature the same SIG SAUER Four-Point safety system which employs a decocking lever, a patented automatic firing pin safety block, a safety intercept notch, and a trigger bar disconnector. The new machined slides also feature a front sight adjustable for drift and a rear sight adjustable for both windage and elevation.

With the purchase of a new SIG SAUER Classic .22 shooters can now enjoy hours of serious training at the range for a fraction of what they would pay practicing with full recoil centerfire rounds.

Be sure to check out the new SIG SAUER X-CHANGE Kit™ is the perfect accessory for your SIG SAUER Classic .22 rimfire pistols. Now shooters can add SIG SAUER centerfire performance with just the change out of the slide assembly, barrel, recoil system, and magazine to any of the standard production pistol calibers; 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357SIG. Exchanging components does not alter the reliability or accuracy of either assembly.

Owning a SIG SAUER Classic .22 and a centerfire X-CHANGE Kit provides the added benefit of owning two pistols in a single premium package. More shooting at a lower cost with the full size SIG SAUER pistol you’re accustomed to; the SIG SAUER Classic .22 caliber pistols that now include the option for centerfire performance with a SIG SAUER X-CHANGE Kit.

Item Number - 229R-22-BAS
Caliber - .22LR
Trigger Pull - DA 10.0 lbs
Trigger Pull - SA 4.4 lbs
Overall Length - 7.7 in
Overall Height - 5.4 in
Overall Width - 1.5 in
Barrel Length - 4.5 in
Sight Radius - 6.3 in
Sights - Adjustable Sights
Frame Finish - Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish - Black Hard Anodized
Slide Material - Alloy
Weight w/out Mag - 23.7 oz
Mag Capacity - 10 Rounds

FTF in Roanoke area, simple BOS, good guy ID's

$625 Cash

Attachments
Classic 22 right.jpg

Sig Classic 22 left front.jpg

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

#1305067 - 01/15/18 06:24 PM Re: WTS: LNIB Sig Sauer P229 Classic 22 Pistol with .40 Cal X-Change Kit [Re: Old Guy]
Old Guy Offline
Double barrel

Bump!......Bump!
..... shotgun

#1305696 - 01/17/18 09:32 AM Re: WTS: LNIB Sig Sauer P229 Classic 22 Pistol with .40 Cal X-Change Kit [Re: Old Guy]
Old Guy Offline
Double barrel

Bump.