Who's Online
7 registered (ar1911col, Davester, Jonasben98, GrantG, Matt69, wheelgun, Eduardo), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1297663 - 12/29/17 03:00 PM Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth
Nathan Hale Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Midlothian
Listed my rifle for sale here and on Armslist. Got an I'll take it email from the captioned jackleg via Armslist, tylerkennethy579@gmail.com.

Here is what he said:

On Dec 29, 2017, at 7:08 AM, replyrequested@armslist.com wrote:
Message from: tylerkennethy579@gmail.com

Message regarding: BNIB Remington 700 CDL in .243. Final price reduction!
Is the Gun still in your possession ? i`m ready to buy it.

"Thanks, I`m ready to buy it and the state of the Gun is great likewise the price. I wont be able to come make the pickup myself but the agent incharge of the pickup has a purchase permit which i told i would buy a Gun and he said its OK if i wont be making the pickup myself because i just relocated and i still have my properties i`m moving from your area which the movers are to move. He would come with the paperwork so you will fill out the bill of sale transferring ownership. Would you accept a certified check as payment and after it clears in your bank a local pickup will be made as explained and i`m willing to add an extra $100 to the payment for you to secure the purchase for me till the check arrives. Please get in touch with your name and mailing address to send the check to. Include your phone # as well so I will be able to contact you about the transaction."

Needless to say, I had no further conversation with this jackleg.

#1297670 - 12/29/17 03:22 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Not the first time we've seen that message...keep up the diligence on these knuckleheads

#1298562 - 12/31/17 09:58 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
KD999 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: King George Co, VA
City or County: King George
Crazy I’ve gotten a lot of questionable inquiries recently

#1298571 - 12/31/17 11:14 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Schebishzt Offline
Road Warrior

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
That happens a lot to me on armslist.

#1299288 - 01/02/18 04:05 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Jordan_Benson Offline
Marksman

Loc: Suffolk, virginia
City or County: Suffolk
i got this exact person and message sent to me the other day on all 4 of my listings

#1300394 - 01/05/18 12:03 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
XDSbob Offline
Addicted

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Chesapeake
Same idiot sent this to my last 2 posts. My response to it was this is an obvious scam and please do not PM me again. Put the brakes on him just like that.

#1307531 - 01/21/18 08:20 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Slater Offline
Addicted

Loc: Woodbridge
City or County: Woodbridge
Also if yo decide you want to ship to someone also check the FFL and compare the address I had one sent to me that failed the check and another that passed check but address was not the same on the fake one as the business

https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/

#1317414 - 02/11/18 11:46 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
RaiderANV Offline
Always Do The Right Thing!

Loc: Bealeton, Virginny
City or County: Fauquier Co.
No one will show to pick the gun up. He will send a check that is a copy(and excellent one at that) of a real bank check. You will deposit it and it will clear. Weeks later the issuing bank will find it's not good then come back to your bank and your account and take the money back.

NOW.....what has happened in between is he will contact you again and say his wife or secretary mistaken made the check out for $500 to much. He will then ask you to return $400 of it and keep a $100 for the inconvenience and make a huge apology for the whole mess.

He gets away with the $400 you PayPal or Western Union or WalMart Money Gram him back because He's moving and bank account is now closed. Then a couple weeks later the bogus check is found out and taken out of your account.

They do this on CraigsList all the time. Ten years ago I got bored and started playing these guys. and was posting cars and boats(They mainly troll)that I didn't even have. They contact, send me a HUGE(i only listed high priced chit) Bank Check and told them it was first come first served. They overnight the letter. Now you ask why......because it does cost them the postage out of their pocket and we know overnight is expensive. I would tell them someone else beat them to it and I was mailing their check back. You never hear from them again and I stapled the checks and money orders on the walls of my workshop. Had well over a miliiom dollars worth in a years time. Looked neat and I wasted a lot of their STOLEN money from folks like us on their postage.

#1317890 - 02/12/18 02:55 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
USG Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Manassas
I got this exact message from this address recently as well.

speedymartins542@gmail.com

#1327693 - 03/07/18 06:21 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
At least he wasn't from Nigeria.

#1336227 - 03/29/18 11:57 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Rogpog Offline
Grandpoobar

Loc: "The plains"
City or County: Fauqier county
Lol good job on getting them to overnight lol. Serious waste of money
The only way I can see value in our 'off work' time is to go back to work, punch the clock on your time off...actually get paid for the time you would otherwise allot to handloading...that would be a value...but, you prolly wouldn't shoot as much.

#1337955 - 04/03/18 07:49 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Schebishzt]
Bimbleshag Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Fairfax, Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
Sounds all too familiar. I refer to that website as "thugslist."

#1338658 - 04/04/18 10:30 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
I just tell them I'm contacting the authorities and they vanish like cockroaches when you cut the light on , wish they would stop trying to be like the government and robbing somebody and go get a real damn job
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1369501 - 06/30/18 06:12 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
wiskytango Offline
DiArce necklace provider

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
I give then them the address to the FBI academy in Quantico and ask them to send the money there....

#1383574 - 08/05/18 07:53 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: wiskytango]
larry1341 Offline
loose cannon

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
I reported a post on Armslist last week. "I'm 19 years old and I'm looking to buy a Glock". Are you kidding me?

#1384164 - 08/07/18 10:22 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: larry1341]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: larry1341
I reported a post on Armslist last week. "I'm 19 years old and I'm looking to buy a Glock". Are you kidding me?

Nothing wrong with that. Perfectly legal in the state of Virginia. Have to be over the age of 21 to purchase from an FFL, 18 for a private sale.

#1387120 - 08/14/18 07:48 PM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: larry1341]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg

Sounds like you need to edumacate yourself on the actual state requirements to purchase and/or own a handgun in a private sale.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1388039 - 08/17/18 09:45 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: larry1341]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Loc: CO
City or County: CO

Why would you report that? Does he not deserve an outlet to find himself protection? I have posted similar posts like that plenty, and am wondering what is wrong with posting a want to buy ad for a popular item?

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!

#1389148 - 08/20/18 03:52 AM Re: Scam Artist Tyler Kenneth [Re: Nathan Hale]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Larry, you are as bad, if not worse than the anti gun folks! Read, remember and follow your state laws!