Who's Online
12 registered (JayC616, WWPOLING, baymax, Siggeek, Trekker60, skunk6, CL4, NoCleverName11, Dave1978, PMOORE, 2 invisible), 8 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1334638 - 03/24/18 08:48 PM OPSCWO
squalus Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Arlington
I kinda hate to do this. But, guy did back out of a deal that he made. I asked if he was selling anything else, he said yes. Said what it was, made an offer. I made a counter-offer. He accepted, then welched on the deal a couple hours later. MODS: feel free to check my PM's. I can screen cap as needed. I really hate to do this... but guy did back out of a deal after he named the price....

me: Your post made it seem like you have other stuff for sale you haven’t listed. I’m going to send you a list of interests and if you’re selling any of it please let me know

OPSCWO: Two, a Marlin 44 mag, Older model pre safety JM stamped. Want 700 as that is the prevailing price. I do not have a shokewave but the road blocker is essentially the same gun with a huge muzzle break it is listed in the post for sale.

My redhawk is a 44 with 7.5 barrel, but want to keep it for a while....

Me: Can you tell me more about the marlin. Specific model date or serial. I’m definitely interested. Thanks.

OPSCWO: In my records it is an 1894, 1979 manufacture pre-safety. Serial numbers Starts with 21190xxx, it is in great shape for that old a weapon. I'll take a couple pictures when I think about it.

Dean

Me: Sounds like a plan. I live up in NOVA, but I'm going to be staying with a friend of mine in Chesapeake next week. I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday. I figure we can meet up sometime during that time-frame. I'll give your more specifics when I know. Think you can do 675 on the rifle? Make me feel like I'm getting a deal? -Patrick

OPSCWO: Patrick, sure that is fine.

Dean

OPSCWO: (2 hours later) After consulting Gun broker, I am going to list the Marlin and see what it brings, either trades or cash.

Sorry for the confusion, but withdraw acceptance of your offer.

---Listing for higher price after deal was made---http://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1334573/Re:_FS_Marlin_1894_Pre_safety_#Post1334573

Again, PMs available at mod request. Feel free to check my PM's.

#1335141 - 03/26/18 10:25 AM Re: OPSCWO [Re: squalus]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: squalus
I kinda hate to do this. But, guy did back out of a deal that he made. I asked if he was selling anything else, he said yes. Said what it was, made an offer. I made a counter-offer. He accepted, then welched on the deal a couple hours later. MODS: feel free to check my PM's. I can screen cap as needed. I really hate to do this... but guy did back out of a deal after he named the price....

me: Your post made it seem like you have other stuff for sale you haven’t listed. I’m going to send you a list of interests and if you’re selling any of it please let me know

OPSCWO: Two, a Marlin 44 mag, Older model pre safety JM stamped. Want 700 as that is the prevailing price. I do not have a shokewave but the road blocker is essentially the same gun with a huge muzzle break it is listed in the post for sale.

My redhawk is a 44 with 7.5 barrel, but want to keep it for a while....

Me: Can you tell me more about the marlin. Specific model date or serial. I’m definitely interested. Thanks.

OPSCWO: In my records it is an 1894, 1979 manufacture pre-safety. Serial numbers Starts with 21190xxx, it is in great shape for that old a weapon. I'll take a couple pictures when I think about it.

Dean

Me: Sounds like a plan. I live up in NOVA, but I'm going to be staying with a friend of mine in Chesapeake next week. I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday. I figure we can meet up sometime during that time-frame. I'll give your more specifics when I know. Think you can do 675 on the rifle? Make me feel like I'm getting a deal? -Patrick

OPSCWO: Patrick, sure that is fine.

Dean

OPSCWO: (2 hours later) After consulting Gun broker, I am going to list the Marlin and see what it brings, either trades or cash.

Sorry for the confusion, but withdraw acceptance of your offer.

---Listing for higher price after deal was made---http://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1334573/Re:_FS_Marlin_1894_Pre_safety_#Post1334573

Again, PMs available at mod request. Feel free to check my PM's.

PM sent to OPSCWO encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1335156 - 03/26/18 11:11 AM Re: OPSCWO [Re: squalus]
OPSCWO Offline
Eccentric Collector

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Chesapeake
I did. When ever I deal with folks with LOW post counts or from far away, they agree to buy and blow me off after. So I tentatively agreed, strongly suspecting the same result.

If Squalus is genuinely intending to but the piece for the agreed amount fine. But he had better actually purchase instead of raising an issue or his inability to agree to the original terms.

Dean