Who's Online
5 registered (Spencenasty, Tan41, Jackpot2108, Dzilkhaenatani, Kendo), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1346648 - 04/26/18 07:48 PM Gkimon
tsolguns Offline
Marksman

Loc: Fairfax
City or County: Fairfax County
Saw a negative feedback post about this user from a few years ago when I checked his profile, but since it was a while ago and he's got plenty of other (positive) feedback since, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Since I ran into a very similar issue with him this time, I've decided to leave my own feedback as well. Normally I'd chalk it up to "things happen" but this is obviously a trend.

His posting was for 1,000 rounds of ammo. Upon messaging him he first of all revealed it was actually 950 rounds of ammo, but adjusted the price to fit so that's not a big deal.

We agreed to terms and set up a meet date for the coming weekend, then less than 24 hours before the meet, he messages me that someone else made a better offer and that he "has to take the offer". I guess he didn't mark the post "Sold Pending Funds" like you're supposed to and kept entertaining offers after we had come to an agreement.

This isn't an auction site, but he sure treats it like one. If you do attempt to buy something from him, be sure to get it quick or someone else might snipe your "bid"!

#1346808 - 04/27/18 10:30 AM Re: Gkimon [Re: tsolguns]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: tsolguns
Saw a negative feedback post about this user from a few years ago when I checked his profile, but since it was a while ago and he's got plenty of other (positive) feedback since, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Since I ran into a very similar issue with him this time, I've decided to leave my own feedback as well. Normally I'd chalk it up to "things happen" but this is obviously a trend.

His posting was for 1,000 rounds of ammo. Upon messaging him he first of all revealed it was actually 950 rounds of ammo, but adjusted the price to fit so that's not a big deal.

We agreed to terms and set up a meet date for the coming weekend, then less than 24 hours before the meet, he messages me that someone else made a better offer and that he "has to take the offer". I guess he didn't mark the post "Sold Pending Funds" like you're supposed to and kept entertaining offers after we had come to an agreement.

This isn't an auction site, but he sure treats it like one. If you do attempt to buy something from him, be sure to get it quick or someone else might snipe your "bid"!

PM sent to Gkimon encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1346859 - 04/27/18 01:13 PM Re: Gkimon [Re: tsolguns]
Gkimon Offline
Addicted

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Stafford
Yes, I have tons of positive feedback because I won’t bs you. I have numerous items up right now. I got an offer for all the items from a friend on here that I have dealt with numerous times. Having had people drop out on me before, I will take the first person that actually can pay me. If I don’t personally know you , I wouldn’t expect you to hold an item just because I said I want it. I’ve never cheated anyone on here and am always more that fair in price, meeting location and time. I gave more than ample notice that I have to take the sale that is guaranteed from a friend on here. Sorry for any inconvenience to you.