Who's Online
15 registered (BuildItAll, BigMacMil, Hobbez84, kevineu14, SDSwoll, terrye05, fcurtiss, carpetmuncher, raydog, Craaber, Stankyeti, Dia, Saul_Gooooodman, PMOORE, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1379412 - 07/26/18 08:58 AM Ambstolpr backed out of a trade
jukeboxrob Offline
Cranky old guy

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Virginia Beach
Ambstolpr contacted me asking to do a straight trade of his AR-15 for my NIB pistol. He sent 19 text messages asking questions and for more pictures. Then spent 3 days leading me on while I tried to set up a meet time with him. I even drove an hour to his side of the water and tried to get a meet while I was over there. He did not respond to texts or calls while I was in his area. After all of this, he backed out of the trade that HE proposed stating that his wife didn't want him to do it. Be cautious if marking your item SPF or SPT with this member. I, foolishly, turned another buyer away because of this man giving me his word. This is my first truly negative experience on VAGT in over 40 deals and I felt it necessary to let others know. This is not how adults should treat each other, especially in this forum.

#1380472 - 07/28/18 09:13 PM Re: Ambstolpr backed out of a trade [Re: jukeboxrob]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: jukeboxrob
Ambstolpr contacted me asking to do a straight trade of his AR-15 for my NIB pistol. He sent 19 text messages asking questions and for more pictures. Then spent 3 days leading me on while I tried to set up a meet time with him. I even drove an hour to his side of the water and tried to get a meet while I was over there. He did not respond to texts or calls while I was in his area. After all of this, he backed out of the trade that HE proposed stating that his wife didn't want him to do it. Be cautious if marking your item SPF or SPT with this member. I, foolishly, turned another buyer away because of this man giving me his word. This is my first truly negative experience on VAGT in over 40 deals and I felt it necessary to let others know. This is not how adults should treat each other, especially in this forum.

PM sent to Ambstolpr encouraging him to respond. Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1380510 - 07/28/18 11:41 PM Re: Ambstolpr backed out of a trade [Re: jukeboxrob]
ambstolpr Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Newport News
Seriously, you have to be very ignorant to want to hurt someone for the simple fact that a business has not gone to your benefit. I've never had problems in this forum and you will not be the exception. Good luck Buddy!! Good job!