Who's Online
13 registered (kapon, Kevinlee93, REM3200MBA, UncleRunkle, 2DG, MILF_HUNTER, avaloniaguy, Ben_K, MagDump187, PMOORE, Aaron94, MetroBluing, BluSilver), 20 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1386517 - 08/13/18 01:49 PM Greene County Clerks office playing fast and loose with 45 day rule
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Greene County playing fast and loose with CHP 45 day issue rule:

On 8/9, my wife went to the Greene County clerks office to see about getting her cert copy of her chp app., as it has been over 45 days since she submitted her CHP renewal, (she let her CHP expire unwittingly).

18.2-308.05
If the court has not issued the permit or determined that the applicant is disqualified within 45 days of the date of receipt noted on the application,the clerk shall certify on the application that the 45-day period has expired,and send a copy of the certified application to the applicant. The certified application shall serve as a de facto permit, which shall expire 90 days afterissuance, and shall be recognized as a valid concealed handgun permit when presented with a valid government-issued photo identification until thecourt issues a five-year permit or finds the applicant to be disqualified. Ifthe applicant is found to be disqualified after the de facto permit is issued,the applicant shall surrender the de facto permit to the court and the disqualificationshall be deemed a denial of the permit and a revocation of the de facto permit.If the applicant is later found by the court to be disqualified after a five-year permit has been issued, the permit shall be revoked.

The Clerk informed her the app just went to the Judge today 8/9 and he doesn't consider the 45 day period to start until the app hits his desk.

She explained to the clerk that is not how the law reads, the clerk stated "that is how the judge works".

So my wife left the clerks office empty handed.

On Fri 8/10 my wife wasn't able to get off work early enough to make it to the County clerks office. So we could do this again.

On Friday 8/10 I made several emails and calls to folks I believe could assist in the matter.
All but one contacted me back.. so no more money from them (National Org).

The VCDL and several local elected officials got back to me ASAP.

Today:
Monday, 8/13
I received a call from the Greene County Clerks office at 10:51am stating my wife could pickup her permit today or they could mail it to her, whichever she preferred.

At apprx 12:10pm my wife picked up her permit from the Greene County Clerks office.

VCDL (Pres. Phil) and several elected officials were extremely helpful and they contacted the Clerks office for me and even spoke with the Judge (happens to be new) and helped to got this issue resolved.

And from what I'm told it should be the last time this happens.

I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1386521 - 08/13/18 02:06 PM Re: Greene County Clerks office playing fast and loose with 45 day rule [Re: Agent19]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.