Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1405630 - 09/30/18 07:44 PM FilipinoInVa
Sir2nd Offline
Armed and Dangerous

Loc: Virginia, U.S.A.
City or County: NoVA
Hello Folks, I recently had a less than desirable/unproductive experience with member FilipinoInVA Member # 44491 that I thought needed to be exposed to the rest of the membership. In brief, via private message (PM initiated by myself, Sir2nd, on 24SEP2018) between FilipinoInVa and I (Sir2nd); FilipinoInVa expressed interest in a trade with me, details were as follows: a Glock 29 Gen4 for my Walther PPQ M2.

When it came time to lock in a meet time/place, this member did not respond, when a response was given (only after I reached out with a follow up PM a day later), FilipinoInVa stated that there was an emergency out of town due to a sick family member to which I was understanding; I stated that I'd stand by for him to return to which he did not respond. 

I followed up with FilipinoInVa today 30SEP2018 to see if the trade was still on, days later. I now see that FilipinoInVa not only bumped the original post without acknowledging our "pending trade discussion" (Glock 29 Gen4 Post #1403265) he changed the original asking price of $430 with the possibility of trades, up to, $500 with no trades. I have screen shots of both posts as proof. His response being that he has decided to sell to help cover medical bills. The change in status/price adjustment is in line with FilipinoInVa's stated situation. I responded with the fact that I'd be willing to purchase it, questioning if he had sold it, overlooking the fact that we had already been in discussion about a trade. FilipinoInVa has viewed my latest but once again, there has been no response to that inquiry, leaving me hanging.

I've been a honest/accommodating member of this forum for nearly 5 years. I greatly appreciate the opportunity that this forum provides us Law Abiding Pro-Gun Virginians, that's why I strive to maintain solid communication with the members here, otherwise I risk ruining a great thing. I do not appreciate FilipinoInVa's lack of communication or the string along. Unfortunately it's dubious members like FilipinoInVA that tarnish this forums reputation. I do not recommend doing business with this member, best of luck to those that do.

#1405635 - 09/30/18 07:53 PM FilipinoInVa [Re: Sir2nd]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: Sir2nd
Hello Folks, I recently had a less than desirable/unproductive experience with member FilipinoInVA Member # 44491 that I thought needed to be exposed to the rest of the membership. In brief, via private message (PM initiated by myself, Sir2nd, on 24SEP2018) between FilipinoInVa and I (Sir2nd); FilipinoInVa expressed interest in a trade with me, details were as follows: a Glock 29 Gen4 for my Walther PPQ M2.

When it came time to lock in a meet time/place, this member did not respond, when a response was given (only after I reached out with a follow up PM a day later), FilipinoInVa stated that there was an emergency out of town due to a sick family member to which I was understanding; I stated that I'd stand by for him to return to which he did not respond. 

I followed up with FilipinoInVa today 30SEP2018 to see if the trade was still on, days later. I now see that FilipinoInVa not only bumped the original post without acknowledging our "pending trade discussion" (Glock 29 Gen4 Post #1403265) he changed the original asking price of $430 with the possibility of trades, up to, $500 with no trades. I have screen shots of both posts as proof. His response being that he has decided to sell to help cover medical bills. The change in status/price adjustment is in line with FilipinoInVa's stated situation. I responded with the fact that I'd be willing to purchase it, questioning if he had sold it, overlooking the fact that we had already been in discussion about a trade. FilipinoInVa has viewed my latest but once again, there has been no response to that inquiry, leaving me hanging.

I've been a honest/accommodating member of this forum for nearly 5 years. I greatly appreciate the opportunity that this forum provides us Law Abiding Pro-Gun Virginians, that's why I strive to maintain solid communication with the members here, otherwise I risk ruining a great thing. I do not appreciate FilipinoInVa's lack of communication or the string along. Unfortunately it's dubious members like FilipinoInVA that tarnish this forums reputation. I do not recommend doing business with this member, best of luck to those that do.

PM sent to FilipinoInVA encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

#1407071 - 10/04/18 10:55 AM Re: FilipinoInVa [Re: Sir2nd]
FilipinoInVa Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Virginia Beach
Originally sent at 2109H on 09302018 as direct reply to siter moderator's message. I did not notice that replies needed sent to the other part of the thread, so I will take a moment to leave this here before heading back to the day.

"Good evening. I just got off and am now grabbing a bite to eat and had a chance to get caught up on the site. If you have access to the the entire site you can see the transcript of our messages. I just got back into town last night and adjusted my original post this morning before heading to work. I explained to him the change in circumstances and why. His last message to me was sometime around 1337H. I didn’t reply simply because I was working and on base. We have a strict protocol regarding phones in specific areas because of their cameras and ability to record.

While I can understand his disgruntlement I don’t believe being a bully about it simply because one doesn’t get a reply quick enough is cause to file bad feedback. Yes, I am new to the site but have tried to adhere to the rules and protocols in addition to trying to be active via the shoutbox with the other members. If being honest with him about how and why I adjusted my original post and NOT replying “on the dime” are grounds for bad feedback and so called ‘stringing along’ then I don’t know what to say. Not everyone is off on Sunday and not everyone has access to the internet at all times. I’d buy it if there was indeed some intended maliciousness on my part. Trying to work on Sunday to catch up for leaving town for family is not it. If this is a game of vetted veterans versus newbies on this site then I can see how people can be strong armed into conceding."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have time to go back and copy and paste everything in this original convo. I left town to tend to family medical issues at the very beginning of our conversation and did reconnect upon return, when I could. The timeframe of all this transpiring from 'talking' to submitting negative feedback all occurred inside a window of an afternoon. His issues stem from an individual NOT replying in what appears to be immediate fashion. Be disgruntled or upset that you don't get a reply within an hour or two, sure, but good heavens. I reached out to you when I could earlier the SAME day. You ask a question that goes unanswered and within a few hours start stomping the ground. I don't apologize for adjusting my original post which I clearly stated and why ( family will come first always ) and I don't apologize for not being able to reply to your messages sooner than I could. ANYONE who reads this, has been, or still is or around high security protocol emplacements on base will know SOP in regards to mobile devices. Now when I did manage to stop, grab a bite and go to reply, what I did find was messages stating negative feedback from the site mod, from whom, and your statement. It could have easily gone down totally different. You could have been more patient for a reply and not assume that because it was a Sunday that I was off and sitting in front of my PC or staring at my phone screen. I would have gotten simply seen your message when I could and replied, at which point at would have been fine with a straight sale. Instead I find some hate mail. I would have even had more truck in it if you had at least waited a full day instead of a few hours before assuming I was blowing you off. I don't know you personally as you don't know me. I am sure you're a stand up guy and can safely assume as much as you're trying to inform the membership of what may be dubious affairs. All I can say is that it's unfounded. I've had several transactions in the time I've been a member of this site and had 0 issues with anyone, even going so far as to accommodate another member by meeting them at their work and patiently waiting an hour until they could free up to purchase what I had listed.

I have nothing else to add to this. I have a business to run and workers to babysit. I'm sorry this came down this way, but I wish you the best. Tomorrow is a new day.

#1407192 - 10/04/18 06:10 PM Re: FilipinoInVa [Re: Sir2nd]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln