Who's Online
4 registered (RedBeardOutlaw, librarian45, 2 invisible), 5 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1423810 - 11/18/18 11:16 AM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Thanks cash

#1423916 - 11/18/18 04:21 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Cash is King]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Who cares. Like what you like... Shoot as good as you can.

This all day. While I may disagree with folks on one thing or another from time to time, the above rings true. Name calling, trolling and arguing for the sake of arguing is getting long in the tooth. Everyone seems to like to dig their heels in and demand they are correct, and never look outside their own point of view because they would rather be right then be good.

#1423937 - 11/18/18 05:07 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Who cares. Like what you like... Shoot as good as you can.

Dusty... ARs and AKs are lightweight, accurate and fun to shoot for many. ARs come in a gazzilion calibers and can be made in half a gazzilion more. Basically they are the Chevy SB of the gun world. Most are 5.56 or 7.62x39 (AKs).

cash, please take a seat..........comfy yet?

Here goes..............thank you,Cash...........hope you didn't fall over reading that,lol!

like I said,trying to learn something. Having spent most of my life shooting offhand or prone,occasionally seated with sling and knee rest,I have my own "best rifle/handgun" notions.While I don't care for the Ar/Ak platforms,I would like to understand them better,and understand the motivations for choosing either.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1423957 - 11/18/18 06:07 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Originally Posted By: dustydog
While I don't care for the Ar/Ak platforms,I would like to understand them better,and understand the motivations for choosing either.

Didn't I just answer that?

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1423977 - 11/18/18 06:49 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Originally Posted By: dustydog
While I don't care for the Ar/Ak platforms,I would like to understand them better,and understand the motivations for choosing either.

Didn't I just answer that?

Indeed. In some ways similar to experiments I did back in the '80s with a single shot rifle with a 1 1/4" barrel in .308,chamber bored to .600" / 3" and a hella lot of hand made chamber inserts in some of the most downright silly chamberings imaginable.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1424064 - 11/18/18 10:32 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
ak66 Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Decided I’ll add my two cents.

There are never enough ARs! I used to buy them but then simply got factory amorer certification and can’t stop building them: SPRs, pistols, mil-specs, competition, 9s, etc. I tried building uppers to limit the AR count in the safe but found out I can’t look at an upper w/o lower. )))

On the subject of AR pistols: I own both SBRs and pistols, and while SBRs are way more convinient than pistols, traveling with pistols is easier and requires less amount of preparations.

My Mk18 clone shoots as accurate as it’s full length brothers within 100 m range which is pretty much the extent of CQB engagements but maneuverability you get indoors and inside the vehicle is unparalleled. 10.3/10.5 inch is the shortest length I would recommend though. I tried 8 inch but the gun is way too unstable and uncomfortable to shoot.

I owned AKs, MP5s, newer toys such as MPX, Tavors, Vectors - IMHO nothing beats ergos and versatility of an AR.

#1424123 - 11/19/18 08:02 AM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Thanks ak66 10 inch was bout the size pistol i was considering for my next one

#1424969 - 11/21/18 11:58 AM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Some tinkering...

.45acp version

.460 Rowland version

All NFA items are 100% legal

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1570036 - 12/11/19 09:58 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
USMA_1982 Offline
Collector

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Reviving an old thread here. To answer the OP's question, you will always need at least one more. Occasion for reviving the thread is I finally finished my AR pistol when my stamp arrived and picked up my can last Thursday. Hadn't really given any thought to building a pistol until the debate that erupted when someone said they were useless. Without reigniting that fire, it got me interested, I did the research and decided that a pistol had a place in my toolkit. So, here it is. An 8" AeroPrecision build in .300 blackout with SBA3 brace, Vortex Venom dot and SF SOCOM 300 SPS can. Good post, thanks OP and VAGT!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3