Who's Online
10 registered (GreenArrow08, jblack87, vaspence, DamonL, Osprey, Blu18, 4 invisible), 13 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#180723 - 08/09/11 03:27 AM Where to hook up !
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Loc: just south of Richmond,VA
City or County: tri cities
Alright fellas - this is the spot you can go to coordinate your potential meet ups and gauge interest in your particular area. Whether you want to get together to shoot, to have a meal together and talk ... or whatever - line it up here.

As the meet ups come to pass and are outdated, if it gets too crowded here we'll just delete old ones to make room. Yall run with it and have fun. No more searching thru the threads .. it should all be here now.
Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

#180922 - 08/09/11 01:39 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
bones Offline
Certified window licker

Loc: Newport News
City or County: Newport News
Is there a date or time agreed on yet?

#180926 - 08/09/11 01:46 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: bones]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Loc: just south of Richmond,VA
City or County: tri cities
Bottom post in this category Bones (if you can make this one).
Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

#181226 - 08/09/11 09:45 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
K-9sHnDlr Offline
Marksman

Loc: V.A.
City or County: Brunswick
Anyone going to the sportsman show?

#211050 - 10/10/11 06:17 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
vwjetty Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince William
I think if we really wanted to meet it should be down at the Charles city shooting range. It's free and there won't be a whole lot of people. Unfortunately, i don't think they allow handguns so that might not be good. But I figured if our "crowd" here included only rifle enthusiasts, such as I, then we should have no problem =)

#274199 - 02/15/12 12:55 AM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
mudslinger Offline
banned

Loc: Williamsburg, VA.
City or County: 23188
They HAD a pistol range in Charles City but yes, its still closed do to vandalism. Shotgun and rifle ranges are open though!!! To bad it took some jackass to ruin a great spot for free outdoor pistol shooting.

#333254 - 06/03/12 10:01 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
If anyone in NoVA ever wana meet up and shoot at the range, I'm down. Also want to try to go hunting for the first time, so if anyone wants to take a noob along blush

Why are you always smiling?" "Because it's all so **I'M AN IDIOT** hysterical."

Chitty chitty bang bang

#473396 - 02/07/13 11:06 PM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
iamsam Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Norfolk, Ghent
Im located in Norfolk, I just moved here from las vegas, I got a membership at superior pawn for the indoor ranges, BUT I really want to go out doors to shoot my new 10/22 rifle, if anyone has a spot where we could set up targets for some plinking please let me know! Im available to shoot on Mondays, only day off i have! call or text or PM me at 702 379 6457 SAM

#483167 - 02/21/13 12:11 AM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
Shinydime Offline
Marksman

City or County: Hampton Roads
I'm located in Yorktown--- if there's someone interested in going to Lafeyette Gun Club and you're a responsible gun owner I can bring a guest. I go a few times a week.

#772269 - 08/17/14 02:41 AM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
Jaycee Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Spotsylvania County
I'm in Fredericksburg/Spotslyvania County and always looking to meet up with members to shoot handguns, rifles/shotguns, or both. I'm also in NOVA at least once a month, so I'd also like to do a meet up there as well. One good thing about NOVA is Blue Ridge Ridge Arsenal, as they have a indoor range where you can shoot rifles. No local indoor range in Fredericksburg allows rifles as far as I know. Anybody got enough property in Spotsy that will allow us some shooting fun time??

Shoot me a message if your interested.

#1222653 - 07/09/17 10:34 AM Re: Where to hook up ! [Re: Ledchunkr]
Adam Lee Offline
Idiot Savant

City or County: Alexandria
Hey guys & gals - Adam Lee here, it's been awhile. Not sure if Dave or Chas or any of youse guys even remember who I am - the FCPS elementary schoolteacher who likes guns and used to frequent the trader tables at Dale City & such.

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there that the closest "free" (you do need an annual permit) place I've been shooting at is the Myrtle Grove WMA in Charles County, MD. I'm heading out there later today - Sunday range hours are 1:00-5:00pm.

In the future, I'd be glad to plan on a meet-up here if one could be scheduled - I know it's not within everyone's range to go on down to southern MD but I live in Alexandria, so it's not a bad drive out there at all.

Mostly what I'm doing is just target shooting for functional testing of the antique rifles and shotguns I like to tinker with. Also been really enjoying my Rossi 92 lever action and Ruger Security Six revolver, both chambered in .357 magnum/.38 Special.

Today's mission involves my old antique Remington rifles, a pair of Model 81 semiautos in .300 Savage and .35 Remington, and a Model 14 Remington pump rifle in .32 Remington. Probably taking the pistol maybe the lever action too since I really like to shoot .357 now!

Anyway, take care and have fun. Nice weather for it today!

Adam Lee