Who's Online
6 registered (Ccurtis8891, Howie, hino895, Eduardo, mike3325, 1 invisible), 6 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#3498 - 01/18/10 08:43 PM
AKSpraya Offline
Alpha Poor

Loc: KingGeorge/Fredericksburg
City or County: King George
I delt with one of the ladies when I bought my lower I had no problems although I did not talk to her much and when I was done with my paper work she said it would be 15min so I walked around

#3499 - 01/18/10 11:28 PM
kx400 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Martinsville,VA area
City or County: Henry County
Do they go to the Salem gunshow? If so, I'll check them out this weekend. Always looking for a deal and I can put up with just about anyone for a good deal! I will ask them myself and hope for the best...LOL

#3500 - 01/19/10 09:06 AM
wayned Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Christiansburg
City or County: Christiansburg
They are usually at the Salem shows.

#3501 - 01/19/10 04:48 PM
newagesmythie Offline
Full Auto

Loc: not in a box
City or County: nottoway
I think they are going to the Hampton show so they will not be at the Salem show this weekend.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

#3502 - 01/23/10 10:27 PM
kx400 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Martinsville,VA area
City or County: Henry County
Was Dark Sun at Hampton today?

#3503 - 01/23/10 10:46 PM
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
They are at the Salem Gun Show each time, and the Roanoke Gun Show each time.  If you engage them in "meaningful" conversation you may learn a few things.  They are "extremely" selective and sometimes eccentric.  However, with that said, they are good people... and their guns will be lower than anyone around... Trader Jerrys will be a very close second... but not as low.

They are "EXTREMELY" knowledgeable about guns they sell, and even guns they don't sell... they are very good at what they do...

I would buy from them "any" day of the week.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#3504 - 01/23/10 11:03 PM
goaty Offline
Marksman

Loc: Franklin County/Roanoke
City or County: Ferrum
Not each time...they were at the Hampton show this weekend. Salem show was very crowded,hot and boring. IMHO Goaty

#3505 - 01/25/10 09:20 PM
ThatSickRip Offline
Infected with BRD...

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Yeah, they weren't in Salem this weekend. Though I did see 2 vendors I haven't seen before with great prices

#3506 - 02/07/10 11:41 PM
gobroncos Offline
Big and Dumb

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
[user=542]MP3Mogul[/user] wrote:
:
They are at the Salem Gun Show each time, and the Roanoke Gun Show each time.  If you engage them in "meaningful" conversation you may learn a few things.  They are "extremely" selective and sometimes eccentric.  However, with that said, they are good people... and their guns will be lower than anyone around... Trader Jerrys will be a very close second... but not as low.

They are "EXTREMELY" knowledgeable about guns they sell, and even guns they don't sell... they are very good at what they do...

I would buy from them "any" day of the week.

I have purchased many firearms from them over the years as well. Many are correct on the hot and cold reception from the two guys, the wife always seem quite nice. I have found over the past few years if you catch them when the crowds are down they are usually quite informative about their products and actually joke around a little. Their prices are great indeed. A friend of mine refuses to buy from them after getting ticked off at them after a cold reception day. He takes their prices to Trader Jerry's and they will usually match the price for him. I'm not too sure they like that to get out, but oh well. I like DS and will continue to buy from them.

#3507 - 02/16/10 11:40 PM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

Loc: Short Pump, VA
City or County: Short Pump
Do these guys have the bright orange business cards?

#3508 - 02/16/10 11:40 PM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

Do these guys have the bright orange business cards?

#3509 - 02/16/10 11:49 PM
newagesmythie Offline
Full Auto

Loc: not in a box
City or County: nottoway
With a black sun on it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

#3510 - 02/17/10 12:10 AM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

I wanted to buy a gun but didnt have my wallet.   I talked to the guy and he gave me a card and said they sell at shows and by appointment.  Call us tomorrow and we'll hook you up, "Alright cool"

So I call the next day with cash in hand wanting two guns.  Im in the truck ready to go

Who ever (rudely) answered told me they dont do that, only sell at guns shows.  I tried again later, same thing told me I had been lied too. 

I just thought it was crazy, why waste the money on business cards? lol

They had an awesome selection and great prices.  I just thought it was crazy and i should share. 

#3511 - 02/17/10 08:06 AM
frankb Offline
grass cutter

Loc: nottoway
City or County: blackstone
ive bout from them at their house, off midlothian behind the post office   frankb

#3512 - 02/17/10 03:34 PM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

Damn.  Thats what I was told in person they would do for me.  Guy said they sell ot of a basement. 

Could someone pass me their number?  Ill try again

#3513 - 02/17/10 04:08 PM
Hami Offline
Addicted

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
I had a similar experience. Once i called and got great customer service and had all my questions answered. Then on a later date i called with $1000 cash in hand to meet up and buy a Yugo underfolder and a C93. I called multiple times over a period of a couple days then finally left a message. Never got a call back.

I am still very happy with Dark Sun and will continue to do business with them at gunshows.

#3514 - 02/25/10 08:43 PM
hiwaytahell Offline
Addicted

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Abingdon
Absolutely WORST customer service ever...but best prices.

#3515 - 02/28/10 08:34 PM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

lol yeeaaappp

#3516 - 03/15/10 12:53 AM
KimberWarrior Offline
Hot-Chamber Danger Ranger

Loc: Falls Church, Virginia
City or County: Falls Church (Fairfax)
[user=3828]hiwaytahell[/user] wrote:
:
Absolutely WORST customer service ever...but best prices.

2nd worst....

The worst are the ammo nazi's at Nations... though I cant remember the name of the group. The one guy has a NY or NJ accent.

#3517 - 03/15/10 09:06 AM
ahhwataday Offline
Marksman

After this past gun show, Ill never even look at their inventory again. 

Long story

Went to green top and got a gun at the same price with military discount. 

#3518 - 03/15/10 09:15 AM
Rex Offline
كافر

Loc: The Cave
City or County: Augusta Co.
Ya cheap bastards! LOL, I must be the only person who actually values good customer service. If people would stop going there to save 20 bucks (HINT: you paid half that to get in the gd show!) maybe they'd realize that being total cockholes isn't a great way to generate customer loyalty.

Dark Sun doesn't care about you, or your purchase, all they care about is the Benjis you've got in your billfold, and why people tolerate that is completely beyond me. Their prices aren't *that* good, people.

#3519 - 03/15/10 05:42 PM
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
[user=972]Rex[/user] wrote:
:
Ya cheap bastards! LOL, I must be the only person who actually values good customer service. If people would stop going there to save 20 bucks (HINT: you paid half that to get in the gd show!) maybe they'd realize that being total cockholes isn't a great way to generate customer loyalty.

Dark Sun doesn't care about you, or your purchase, all they care about is the Benjis you've got in your billfold, and why people tolerate that is completely beyond me. Their prices aren't *that* good, people.

1+
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#3520 - 03/15/10 06:12 PM
hiwaytahell Offline
Addicted

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Abingdon
I'm with ya on that Rex...haven't bought anything from them in 6 months. And don't plan on it.:D

#3521 - 03/15/10 07:29 PM
Greginva Offline
Marksman

Loc: Partlow, VA
City or County: Spotsylvania
[user=498]Agent19[/user] wrote:
:
[user=972]Rex[/user] wrote:
:

1+

+2...they'll never see any of my money.

#3522 - 03/15/10 09:05 PM
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
well in darksuns  defense   they dont have the  time  to talk like some  of the other  guys   darksun is  known for  having the best prices at the  gun show   and the  table  is  always  so slammed with people     i have  caught them  at  shows  before when they arent that busy and  they  are  friendly and will talk  in fact  i looked for awhile  for  grips for a n.a.a. .22 magnum   with a  clip  .....   i ran the  idea  past the  owner   and  we  spoke  for  awhile    well a  few  months  later  he  had made and patended the  grips   ....  i have a set  on my gun wink

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >