Who's Online
7 registered (Stankyeti, kevineu14, Integrity1957, Turbine15, BuildItAll, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#573831 - 07/30/13 01:19 AM some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range"
Rrpc Offline
Addicted

Loc: Nc
City or County: Jacksonville
Fredericksburg/stafford The range indoor range at around 3 today I was shooting some 9mm test loads with american select. I was not paying that close attention to the people around me But the basic story is a guy was either clearing his weapon of loading, he had no muzzle awareness, no firearm safety, no common sense, and he ended up shooting himself in the hand and his Woman friend in the leg. the bullet came from his stall at the 7-8 oClock position I was in lane 2 they were closest to me in lane 5. Had I known he had not only shot himself and his lady But shot in my close direction Im not sure what I would have done. I have a family a kid and a good life. Just keep your heads up and call others out around you not doing the safe/right thing. everyone needs a reminder sometimes.
Cheers.

#574020 - 07/30/13 12:04 PM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
wingboneman Offline
Bolt action

Loc: virgina
City or County: Stafford
That is not good hope there ok.

#574027 - 07/30/13 12:17 PM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
ThinkMud Offline
Marksman

Loc: Buchanan VA (was in Nova)
City or County: Buchanan VA
wow, I go there a lot and some of the people there scare me... they should not be handling firearms.

Hope it doesn't jack up Paul's insurance, that would suck for them.

#661489 - 01/17/14 08:43 PM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
MrG Offline
I like Tacticool things

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: spotsylvania
This is why I stopped going there a LONG time ago...scary crap man.

#690320 - 03/08/14 10:40 AM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
J_D_M Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Stafford
I don't go there anymore. I became disappointed in how they run it and the horrible attitude of the owner. Quick frankly, the guy is a dick. Unsupportive of LE and there is always a new firearm added to his list of "no shoots". He is going to put himself out of business if he keeps running it the way he is.
I'm just not comfortable going there anymore.

#694549 - 03/16/14 11:22 AM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
JackMcd Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
I feel the same. The owner is an a$$hole. My friend and I went there a little while back. It was very crowded. We waited about 40 min for a lane to open up. Some dude and his son walked in and got a lane right away. When I asked him why, he simply said... he' s police officer and he comes all the time, preferred customer.

They also had a lady there giving a bunch of kids lessons. My friend and I left as these kids were handeling pistols behind the fireing line pointing the pistols at everyone like they were handling toy guns. I will never go back there.

Edited by JackMcd (03/16/14 11:36 AM)

#704916 - 04/03/14 09:16 PM Re: some guy shot himself in the hand and his old lady in the leg at "The Range" [Re: Rrpc]
Blackgun Offline
Bolt action

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Wow

Edited by Blackgun (04/03/14 09:19 PM)