Who's Online
10 registered (raydog, Cmax887, Dezilla, richiecotite, mnick1459, SenseiKintama, lolwowlmao, MKC1911, rootsman, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#702704 - 03/30/14 05:56 PM hessoline
izzie73 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
I accepted this users advertised price for an item and he picked the place and time for exchange. I texted him 1.5hrs before the scheduled time and updated him I was leaving and my ETA. He texted me 40 minutes before the meet and claimed there was a family emergency. I was asked to drive to a new location, closer to him, to make the deal. My schedule would not allow it. His offer was for me to pay him to ship the item, or drive back up tomorrow night. I offered to pay half the shipping, or drive half the distance. He said he's, "basically giving these mags away... I'm not covering shipping". I was then told that I have "terrible time mngt skills" since I couldn't drive farther "because of my emergency". I've been informed he has 10 other buyers lined up, so it's his way or the highway.

I'm only out 2 hours of wasted time and the fuel I spent driving up and back, I had a nice lunch though. If you want a seller to make a deal, pick a meeting place, go back on the deal at the last moment, then insult you when you offer to pay half the shipping, this is your guy.

#702781 - 03/30/14 08:04 PM Re: hessoline [Re: izzie73]
hessoline Offline
Addicted

Loc: Arlington
City or County: Arlington
So, let me get this straight.

We have a deal based on the fact that you are driving over 50 miles to meet me 15 miles from my house. You are 45 min from our original meeting place when I contact you that I have an emergency and cant leave my house, and need to meet very locally, and I need you to travel an extra 10 miles. You reply that is out of the question. I call everyone I can to get out of this predicament, with no avail. you then say You will be late for a later appointment because you will be sitting in traffic all the way home, and you cant accommodate me.

Now, Knowing you had at least 2 hrs of traffic to get home(which I can imagine was hell) you decide ON YOUR OWN, to waste the effort of you already put into this deal, heading out here, and decide to go back home.

Im sorry my godson is more important than a screaming mag deal I offered VAGT

You were number 4 to reply to my ad.

You were number 1 who said you can meet locally for FTF. Which is the only reason I chose not to ship.

Then you want free shipping on your mags(which is an amazing deal already) because you feel as if I flaked on you?

LOL... All I can say is, Good luck to you! I wish you well with your future appointments. Definitely don't wanna be late!

The mags are sold. Thanks for your interest.

#702789 - 03/30/14 08:18 PM Re: hessoline [Re: hessoline]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both parties have had their say ... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln