Who's Online
9 registered (Southern_Geezer, Edmund, AndyB_Hampton, GrantG, Dlsims, MegaArsenal, BSA1944, ejmack, Musky_Mike), 14 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#714525 - 04/22/14 11:46 AM CWP Address Change Question
JLB4th Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Arlington
Hi All -

I have a current VA CWP that lists my address as one I used to live at in Arlington. I moved to a different address last year (which is reflected on my new DL) and am wondering whether, if asked to show both my DL and CWP, both addresses need to match?

If I were carrying at the time, would that be cause for detention, etc.? Getting to the Arlington County Courthouse to request an updated address is difficult given my work schedule and I'm wondering whether it's really necessary.

Thanks!

Tex
Glock 19
Glock 26
HK VP9

#716134 - 04/25/14 11:38 AM Re: CWP Address Change Question [Re: JLB4th]
jims59 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Manassas
Change of Address – Section 18.2-308.011

The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. The total amount assessed for processing a replacement permit due to a change of address shall not exceed $10, with such fees to be paid in one sum to the person who accepts the information for the replacement permit.

#720220 - 05/03/14 10:59 AM Re: CWP Address Change Question [Re: JLB4th]
jpm5321 Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Prince George
I mailed in a copy of my old permit, picture of new license, and the fee when I moved from Prince William to Frederick County. No hassle and took about 2 weeks if I remember right.

Check online for the information for your county.