Who's Online
1 registered (Matt69), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#643211 - 12/16/13 11:22 AM Great blue collar job
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

Loc: Midlothian, Virginia
City or County: Chesterfield
I work at another facility owned by Kinder Morgan, but this one has a great boss, and only 5 other people work there. They take contaminated petroleum products and refine it back into diesel and gas to sell. Not a physically demanding job, need a little computer skills, nothing special. The process is basically like making moonshine to some extent, heat separates the gas from the diesel and your basic job is keeping the unit running within its parameters by making minor adjustments on the computer. Have to climb some 40' tall tanks once in a while to sample the product. I am not sure of the exact starting pay, but i think its around $22 hr, great benefits and if you have any electrical/mechanical experience it is a real plus. I think the hiring process has a simulator you have keep under control. http://www.kindermorgan.com/work/careers/job_postings.cfm
I would have to say the worst thing about the job is the rotating shift work, but it does you give you alot of time off wekdays to take care of business. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions and i will try to answer them.

Edited by DougN (12/16/13 12:27 PM)

#645337 - 12/20/13 03:02 AM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

So, anyone put in for it? I didn't get any pm's

#693707 - 03/14/14 05:15 PM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

Richmond now has an operator spot open again, and chesapeake is hiring an electrician in case anyone is interested. They have places all over the state, so just keep checking the sight if you need work.

#736622 - 06/04/14 09:59 PM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

Spot open in chesapeake, sounds more like an administrative position and i have no clue what the pay is. If i can find out i will update the post.

#754488 - 07/12/14 09:30 AM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

Chesapeake is hiring 2 people. Terminal Operator and a maintenance mechanic currently.

#757360 - 07/18/14 11:49 AM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
carltonb Offline
Law Student

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Springfield
Do you know any leads by chance in NoVa?

Full-Time 9mm Fan Boy

#757378 - 07/18/14 12:41 PM Re: Great blue collar job [Re: DougN]
DougN Online   content
Certified Lurker

Just check the link frequently, they got places all over Va. I don't really keep up with it much myself, just glance once in a while and bump the post to help out fellow gun lovers.