Who's Online
5 registered (B4itWasMetal, Redskins88, FastEddy, wrickster, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#746465 - 06/24/14 09:17 PM Visiting MD
Artelmis Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA - Virginia
City or County: RESTON
So, It's my intention to bring a couple guns up to MD for a weekend later this year to shoot on my friend's private property.

I'd like to bring my AR-15, Krinkov AK pistol with brace, and my glock 34.

Since i'm a VA resident, do I have any laws to contend with apart from the transportation storage regulations?

Thanks

#747318 - 06/26/14 06:27 PM Re: Visiting MD [Re: Artelmis]
jims59 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Manassas
http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/maryland.aspx

Looks like you can't take any of that into Maryland. Why would anyone want to live or even visit there?

#748217 - 06/28/14 08:31 PM Re: Visiting MD [Re: Artelmis]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Loc: Smithfield
City or County: Smithfield
when i was visiting VA while house hunting, i specifically took the eastern shore route, just to avoid as much of md as possible. this way, i only had to go through 40mi of that communist police state

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#756199 - 07/15/14 10:03 PM Re: Visiting MD [Re: Swinger]
Endurance1 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Lynchburg
I took a pistol to my parents in Michigan only to find out that I shouldn't have best to not birng it, States like MD and MI are stupid. I was told that I could only bring my pistol if I was a CCW carry even though it was legal in VA it was not registered and I didn't have papers so I left it in my trunk under my spare tire. Rediculous.

#759857 - 07/23/14 10:36 AM Re: Visiting MD [Re: Artelmis]
user Offline
Constitutionalist

Loc: Broad Run, VA.
City or County: Fauquier
I looked that stuff up, once, read the Md. Code and decided it would be a lot easier to stay on the civilized side of the Potomac.

#764629 - 08/01/14 06:08 PM Re: Visiting MD [Re: Artelmis]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
Don't take your guns, money, family, or even you dog to poop anywhere near Maryland. There ain't nuthin worth crappin on in Maryland anyway...why do you think ducks fly upside down going across Maryland?