Who's Online
13 registered (keepitreal, Teedoodles, Mari11, much ado, marc damron, Ron_L, harley, Bigbird, PMOORE, JmackSosa, Apec, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#762589 - 07/28/14 06:37 PM UZI Suppressor recommendations?
kwmson10 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Powhatan
City or County: Powhatan
Looking for recommendations for Uzi suppressor.
I have an IMI Uzi model B semi-auto in 9mm also a conversion kit for .45acp

Questions:
Do I need to cut the barrels and register the receiver as SBR, or are there suppressors available to slip over the carbine length barrel?
I know i can get a .45 ACP suppressor and utilize it for 9mm as well, though not as effective. Are there suppressors available that can interchange for the two calibers, something with interchangeable baffles or guts?
I am an AWC fan any other recommendations?
Thanks for any suggestions.

#762749 - 07/28/14 11:20 PM Re: UZI Suppressor recommendations? [Re: kwmson10]
Halligan Offline
Take a look it's in a book reading revolvers.

If you "cut" the barrels or buy a shorter barrel you will need a tax stamp for it to be a SBR (assuming you have the carbine Uzi) and obviously a stamp for the suppressor as well.

As for slipping a surpressor over a barrel like some kind of shroud... It would do nothing but act as a very poor heat shield. The can needs to be threaded directly on the barrel or attach to a mussle device.

Cans: By no means am I am expert but I have a Silencer Co Osprey .45 pending. You can buy different pistons and shoot other calibers out of it. It got my money.

"Not as effective". You have lots of variables wet vs. dry, clean or dirty can, bullet weight, and velocity. I do not think I will have a complaint shooting heavy for caliber 9 out of the 45 can. The decible difference would be very hard to warrent another $1,000 for a separate can.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Halligan (07/28/14 11:24 PM)

#762827 - 07/29/14 08:07 AM Re: UZI Suppressor recommendations? [Re: kwmson10]
g-shooter Offline
Great at putting the worm on the hook!!

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Alexandria
I would make it a SBR, then throw a .45 can on it and shoot both 9mm and .45. If you wanted to do a 9mm can after that then rock on.

I have a mini that I SBRed. It is super fun with my old AWC 9mm can. It sounds like you are just raking the action, then THWAP THWAP THWAP, at whatever it hits. Don't miss the full auto, if you have a good suppressor.

If you are a Leader without followers you aren't leading...you are taking a walk.

#762979 - 07/29/14 01:41 PM Re: UZI Suppressor recommendations? [Re: kwmson10]
Bugzy Offline
OTTO FOOL 1%er

Loc: VA.
City or County: Peninsula area
Originally Posted By: kwmson10
Looking for recommendations for Uzi suppressor.
I have an IMI Uzi model B semi-auto in 9mm also a conversion kit for .45acp

Questions:
Do I need to cut the barrels and register the receiver as SBR, or are there suppressors available to slip over the carbine length barrel?
I know i can get a .45 ACP suppressor and utilize it for 9mm as well, though not as effective. Are there suppressors available that can interchange for the two calibers, something with interchangeable baffles or guts?
I am an AWC fan any other recommendations?
Thanks for any suggestions.

UZI Talk Forums

Join and do some research. There is a wealth of information on SMG/Semi guns and silencer applications there.

Good luck! cool

Edited by Bugzy (07/29/14 01:42 PM)

#763935 - 07/31/14 11:27 AM Re: UZI Suppressor recommendations? [Re: kwmson10]
kwmson10 Offline
Marksman

Many thanks for all of your recommendations.
FYI, my plan is to SBR the weapon on a form 1, I'll probably purchase after market barrels (AWC says 10.25" seems to work best with their suppressor, but they do like to have the barrels in hand to confirm OD which can sometimes be a little off due to marking stamping). I'm going to contact Green Mountain for barrels in .45acp and 9mm (or get on a waiting list) and start the process with AWC for one of their MK9 suppressors in .45acp which can be utilized for 9mm (though obviously less effectively).
Again thanks again to all who offered advice.
Semper Fi,
Kent