Who's Online
5 registered (Wade12, roxie, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#766828 - 08/05/14 08:14 PM CMG387
MrRed Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
New to the site, first transaction went south. Here is how it went down.

CMG 387 offered a set of TSR medium rings for $60 bucks. I offered 35 over PM, he accepted, and then cut off communications.

I will admit I did not realize we are to post negative feed back here, so I left it on his profile so others could see. CMG has now posted negative feed back on my profile. Below will be the PM conversation with date and message numbers and my post on his profile and his response on mine.

PM conversation:

My 1st Post #2632702 - 07/30/14 08:19 PM-Good Evening, If your taking OBO, I am willing to go 35. If not, no worries and thanks

CGM 387 Response #2632761 - 07/30/14 08:57 PM Re: TSR rings Sure. Where are you located?

My 2nd Post #2634217 - 07/31/14 08:23 PM Re: TSR rings Stafford, I work on Quantico. Where would a good half way point be to meet?

CGM 387 Response #2634579 - 07/31/14 11:11 PM Re: TSR rings I can meet at the Burke Walmart tomorrow. Let me know.
6000 Burke Commons Rd, Burke, VA 22015
Send me your cell phone number.
If not, I can ship these to you.
My 3rd Post #2635785 - 08/01/14 07:44 PM Re: TSR rings How about noon tomorrow 8/2/2014? 252-XXX-XXXX. Shoot me a text
when able

CGM 387 Response #2635907 - 08/01/14 08:43 PM cgm387 has removed themself from this topic.

My post on his profile- Buyers take warning, after agreeing to sell an item, member backed out suddenly with no reason and refused to answer private messages. Member did the same thing on another deal about a year ago.

cmg387 post on my profile- User low-balled an insulting offer, communication was awful and came back a week later and expected the item to not be gone. This place moves, insulting offers are not welcome. Traders take warning.

As you can see from the time date stamps apparently July 30th 8 pm to 1 August 7 pm is a week

If I low balled CMG why did he accept the offer. I would have been fine if he had said someone had a higher offer instead of shutting down the deal with no reason.

Any help from the mods would be appreciated

Edited by BobVA (08/08/14 09:09 PM)

#766830 - 08/05/14 08:26 PM Re: MemberCMG 387 Backs out [Re: MrRed]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to CMG387.

If you were not involved in the transaction, DO NOT REPLY TO THE FEEDBACK.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#766858 - 08/05/14 09:09 PM Re: MemberCMG 387 Backs out [Re: MrRed]
cgm387 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Fairfax
City or County: Fairfax
I'm a little confused as to how this situation escalated to this level... Unfortunately for 'Mr. Red' there are three sides to every story; yours, mine, and the truth.

Item Under Debate: TPS TSR Medium Rings - Item Asking Price: $60

Read on -

- On Thursday 7/31 (11:11pm) - I replied to this user after offering me $35 for the above referenced rings. I asked this user to meet me on Friday (8/1) at noon [the next day] to sell him used TPS Scope rings.

- He didn't have the decency to reply to me until the following evening (Friday night 8/1) at 7:30pm [7+ Hours after the proposed deal]. He replied and proposed meeting the next day, Saturday, at noon and left his cell phone number.

What this user doesn't post is the fact that he was unresponsive to his cell phone number (that he left me). Why provide a number when you won't answer calls to your phone?

-------

Notes: This is a fast paced forum, it is your responsibility to check the forum messages regularly throughout the day if you propose a transaction with another user. I, nor anyone else, is obligated to sit around and wait for a user to reply [one with zero feedback nonetheless]. I, honestly, felt like this user was a flake with no proper forum etiquette.

I have 4+ pages of generally positive feedback; I have had transactions with moderators on the board with zero issues. I am an avid site regular who sits on the shoutbox basically every night chatting with acquaintances now who have become friends through meeting for transactions, etc.

As far as 'Mr Red' goes, I understand this was your first try at a transaction on here and I'm sorry that I provided a bad experience for you and I wasn't able to sell these to you. I would suggest you are more responsive next time to private messages. Please be aware though, no one is obligated to sit and wait for you to take your sweet time in replying.

For myself, I'll start to post a general statement on my 'classifieds' ads requesting that people check their messages regularly after they have inquired to a potential deal with me.

Thanks,

CGM

#766860 - 08/05/14 09:13 PM Re: MemberCMG 387 Backs out [Re: MrRed]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln