Who's Online
7 registered (raydog, Hartwood, Ayal, JND, jmm83164, guns85, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#780386 - 09/01/14 02:11 PM Anyone here hunt Dragon Run State Forest?
jgibson108 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: northern virginia
City or County: Newport News
A friend just told me about this location this past week and today we went up and checked it out. I scouted down "FR-5" off of 602 and saw a couple of old tracks but nothing promising. I want to go back the next couple of weekends and scout and find a good location for my daughter and I.

Can anyone who may have hunted this land help me narrow down an area to scout that will be abundant in deer? I'm not looking for a trophy deer, just a deer or two for the freezer and jerky. Also, hopefully get my daughters first deer this year.

Like i said, we plan on scouting the next few weekends but work is usually insane so I can't live there before October 4th.

Thanks guys and gals and happy hunting this year.

#784075 - 09/08/14 04:06 PM Re: Anyone here hunt Dragon Run State Forest? [Re: jgibson108]
tarheeler Offline
Full Auto

Loc: newport news, va, 23601
City or County: Newport News, 23601
FR5 is a good area. When they start running dogs, it's all good if you're in a spot where you can see any distance. Several clubs run dogs through that area