Who's Online
2 registered (wcd70, Algotguns), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#791177 - 09/23/14 07:24 PM Question for ATV dog hunters?
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Partlow
City or County: Spotsylvania
Just made something in my spare time for the upcoming deer season. I hunt with dogs during the normal firearms season. I ride a four wheeler a good percentage of the time. Delima has always been I couldn't take my dogs that way or help recover others. I made this trailer to go behind the four wheeler. I wanted to get input in from the hunters out there. Would anyone be interested in buying one to go behind theirs if they could? Have had a few guys tell me I need to build them but not sure. Suspension actually works and dogs ride like their in a Cadillac. Send me your thoughts. I also would like to know what some of you would be willing to pay for something like it. It's made of 16ga material so if you turn it over it should stay together.

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Masterwelder6 (09/24/14 12:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Content

#791567 - 09/24/14 05:40 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
Va Hunter Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
Looks nice and well built. Maybe some taller tires to get a little more ground clearance and it would be close to perfect.

#791596 - 09/24/14 06:27 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Va Hunter]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

I went with the smaller wider tires to try and make it ride smoother and spread load. Know a couple guys that have homemade ones and the trailers bounce the dogs off the top the box because the tires are so hard and suspension so tight.

#791732 - 09/24/14 10:57 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
spotshuntclub Offline
Bullet Supply

Loc: VA
City or County: Suffolk
what would be the price on one like that but without the lighting kit on it? And how many beagles will it hold?

https://www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies

#792709 - 09/27/14 11:46 AM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

Come on guys. Some of you have looked at the post but have got very little feed back yet. Send me your thoughts. Trying too figure out whether there is anybody out there that would like these if they were available.

#792899 - 09/27/14 08:19 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Va Hunter]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Agreed taller tires needed

#795066 - 10/02/14 07:13 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

Come on guys. Over a hundred of you have looked at it and this is the only replies I get. Tell me what ya think. Need to get some feedback to figure out wether anyone would want one if they could get one. I hate to make something that nobody is really gunna want. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

#795699 - 10/04/14 10:30 AM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
I thought about making pull behind dog trailer for the ATV back when I hunted with a hunt club. Yours looks good.

People WILL buy it....if the price is right.

ask around here http://va-huntfish.com/

#796178 - 10/05/14 02:38 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
OK so here is the issue I see with this , it has ATV tires on it so no good to pull behind truck and who wants to pull a trailer long enough to fit ATV and trailer .... (most people do have to travel to hunt). If you had street tires on this its sellability would much increase. ATV in bed trailer behind truck then once to hunting grounds swap off

#796310 - 10/05/14 07:37 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

I had thought about that and it's definitely an idea. Only thing with that is you would have to tag it to put it on the road was my only concern with it.

#801858 - 10/17/14 08:40 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
crosshairs Offline
Bolt action

Loc: va.
City or County: madison
looks good the only concern i have is the weight if you hunt flat country that may not be an issue but in hilly country it might unless you have a bigger atv

#802666 - 10/19/14 06:57 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

It is really not that heavy. Can turn it over by myself. Going to make one for local dealer and see how it goes over. Thanks to the few for the great input.

#819067 - 11/24/14 05:54 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
srwshooter Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: grottoes,va.24441
City or County: augusta co.
i wouldn't wanta try draggin that up the mtns on my hunt club. it would try to pass me going down the steep hills.

#824597 - 12/06/14 08:17 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: Masterwelder6]
2nd.amend Offline
Shooting blanks at Magnum force! ;)

Loc: Gainesville va
City or County: Gainesville
Is that a locker on top?
If not id want one.
And id put a 4-6 rail around it so I cans strap down the deer weed
Be shooting!!!!!!

I would not want it any wide then my atv so it would fit down any trail id probably recess the tires in to the side in steed of putting
Under to keep center of gravity low.

But that's a lot more work witch means more $$$$

It looks good though

#824909 - 12/07/14 01:27 PM Re: Question for ATV dog hunters? [Re: 2nd.amend]
Masterwelder6 Offline
Marksman

There is a storage box on the top to be able to keep a few essentials with ya. Had the available real estate might as well use it. It is a work in progress. I am have made another version that has the box split with two gates to be able to seperate dogs. I was give this frame and just had to make it. The design can be modified to meet whatever the customer may prefer. Cost will kind of go up and down dependent upon what someone wants. That for the compliment.