Who's Online
8 registered (jblack87, Scolex, Topoman, OldRookie, DCFD4, Bbrenn, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#769172 - 08/10/14 06:07 PM Looking for a hunt club in Gloucester/Mathews area
jgibson108 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: northern virginia
City or County: Newport News
Hey guys, I live in the Gloucester/Matthews area and am in need of a hunt club for me and my 15 year old daughter. I don't mind even traveling to the north as far as West Point either. Problem is, I don't want to run dogs and most hunt clubs in this area run dogs.

I'm looking for a club that will let us pay our dues and still hunt on the leased land archery through modern firearms. I don't mind people running my dogs, but it's not my cup of tea. I just want to enjoy the season in quiet with my daughter and enjoy nature and the challenge of the hunt on our own. Can anyone suggest a club that will let us do this and has good land for us to take a deer or two. Not trophy hunting. Deer meat is deer meat to us.

Years past we have hit the bases and will hit the state lands this year. But we are going to need private land this year to hunt on Sunday since that's typically my only day off. Also, I don't mind helping care for club lease property but don't want to have to participate in dog drives.

Thanks in advance.

#808001 - 10/31/14 03:34 PM Re: Looking for a hunt club in Gloucester/Mathews area [Re: jgibson108]
Louis Offline
Slim_Picks

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Gloucester
Check out down in the point area, good club there with lots of land. Coleman hunt club. I have buddies in there that do well every year