Who's Online
17 registered (SMOKEYBEAR, maknwakes, shootergdv, DiabloNacho, GrantG, Matt69, Kendo, Rogpog, BUFF, sporal22, JDH, 6 invisible), 9 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#820096 - 11/26/14 11:53 PM Interested in force-on-force? Send your contact info
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Richmond & Warsaw
Early 2015 I'll be starting my own firearms training business. One of the classes I'll be offering is Force-on-Force Training in regard to using the handgun for defensive purposes. This highly-structured course is primarily geared toward the responsible citizen who carries a concealed handgun or keeps a gun in the home for defending their family.

Right now I'm building my contacts list, so if you are interested, please send me a private message or an email with your contact information. Later when I am putting together my course schedule, you'll be the first people with whom I touch base.

I'm also very interested in teaching church groups, armed security, military, and law enforcement. If I can get an organized group or a handful of individuals together, we can train in Force-on-Force. Any empty parking lot (with permission, of course) will do as a training location.

In Force-on-Force Training, students will learn how to:
* Not get shot, even in a worst case scenario.
* Choose the most advantageous direction in which to move.
* Use ergonomics and geometry to gain a significant advantage over the assailant.
* Counter-attack the assailant.
* Defend against contact weapons (knives, baseball bats, etc).
* Choose the most advantageous method in which to carry and conceal a firearm.

Most everyone has already had the "stand and deliver" style training that advocates standing still and as stable as possible so you can put rounds down range more accurately. However, this method is repeatedly proven insufficient in our Force-on-Force drills. Force-on-Force students quickly discover there are huge gaping holes in their training that should never be ignored.

If you are an instructor who teaches the "stand and deliver" method and this makes you feel uncomfortable, don't get angry. I challenge you to instead show up for some Force-on-Force and run through some drills. I think you'll change your mind about which method will lead to the most successful outcome for the defender.

This is not beginner-level training. Students should already be familiar with operating their pistol, marksmanship fundamentals, and drawing from the holster.

We'll be using airsoft equipment for this training.
Airsoft is widely available, inexpensive, and not restricted in most places.
***** If you don't have everything on the gear list but are interested, that's okay; send me an email or message anyway *****
The gear list is as follows:
* Reliable gas-powered airsoft handgun.
* A quality holster that accommodates their airsoft handgun.
* 400 6mm BIODEGRADABLE BBs.
* CO2 gas cartridges for your pistol.
* Airsoft face mask (some paintball masks work, fencing masks work too).
* Gloves (thin enough to operate a pistol yet still give your hands some protection).
* Sweatshirt or winter coat (for padding from the impacts)

I'm in the Richmond area but I can travel. Force-on-Force does not require a range, only an open space. Usually this is done outdoors but in some cases we can train indoors.

About me:
My name is Carl, I've been instructing for over three years, mostly at a prominent Richmond location which I will not name at this time since I am still currently teaching there occasionally. I will be starting my own company soon and am looking to see how much interest there is in this subject. You'll see more training posts from me here in the future. I'm certified by the NRA as an instructor in pistol, rifle, shotgun, Personal Protection both inside and outside the home, and as a Range Safety Officer. I've attended the Sig Sauer Academy's Master Firearms Instructor Course, as well as their M400 and pistol armorer courses. I've attended a Force-on-Force Instructor School as well. I also spent four years in the Marine Corps, some of which as Military Police. I left the Marine Corps in October 2006 as a Sergeant.

Right now I'm building my contacts list, so if you are interested, please send me a private message or an email with your contact information. Later when I am putting together my course schedule, you'll be the first people with whom I touch base.

Pricing will be reasonable and the host attends free.

Send me a private message or email if interested in this or other training; I can come to you.

#820866 - 11/28/14 11:46 PM Re: Interested in force-on-force? Send your contact info [Re: sergeantatarms]
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

Just a reminder; this is NOT beginner level training. This is intended for shooters who are already familiar and proficient with their pistol.

#823500 - 12/04/14 12:22 PM Re: Interested in force-on-force? Send your contact info [Re: sergeantatarms]
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

Thanks to those who have expressed interest so far. Remember, I can come to you, especially for groups.

#827156 - 12/12/14 01:09 AM Re: Interested in force-on-force? Send your contact info [Re: sergeantatarms]
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

bump

#829891 - 12/18/14 01:32 AM Re: Interested in force-on-force? Send your contact info [Re: sergeantatarms]
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

bump