Who's Online
1 registered (harley), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#829446 - 12/17/14 07:16 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: Travis#]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Originally Posted By: Marley
Originally Posted By: tpak
The one thing that people seem to forget about any type of consumer protection law regardless of the product is:
YOU HAVE TO LEGISLATE BEHAVIOR , NOT OBJECTS...

There was an interview on Charlottesville Today with the lawyer who is suing Bushmaster. When he was told that gun ownership is a constitutional right and manufacturers cannot be held responsible if their products are used in an illegal manner. His response was "Constitutional Right, SO WHAT" !!

These people have no respect for the constitution, from the White House down. And that is why we need to stand up for our constitution, and support it any way that we can.

The object of those lawsuits comes down to 1 of 2 objectives.

First, is 'greenmail' they want to make settling the case easier and cheaper than defending it.

Second, they want to put you out of business or at least degrade your willingness or ability to compete. Big firms do it to little firms that are competitors all of the time. they sue for 'patent infringement' or bring a labor suit for 'tampering'. A number of gun manufacturers have been put pout of business this way.

#829679 - 12/17/14 05:45 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Quigley Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Suffolk
City or County: Suffolk
Let's see how the NRA does defending their home turf on this one

#830587 - 12/19/14 06:10 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: Quigley]
Adam Lee Offline
Idiot Savant

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: Quigley
Let's see how the NRA does defending their home turf on this one

Agreed! Man, Virginia is NRA HQ - we are "ground zero" for Second Amendment - let's do everything we can to show support!!

Adam

#831368 - 12/21/14 06:55 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
CHPKMike Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia 'Merica
City or County: Chesapeake
Quote:
What are you going to do???

renewed my NRA membership tonight..

#831543 - 12/22/14 07:58 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Please don't look to others to solve this problem.
You(WE)can fight this.

Make your voices heard, call write and email your State elected reps, make an appointment to see them prior to LOBBY DAY if you're able.

Whether your Elected Rep is Pro or Anti they should know how you feel about this and other issues that are important to you.

Please, it's never to late, start today MAKE THAT CALL.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#832837 - 12/25/14 11:02 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
HOTOZZ Offline
Single barrel

Loc: 20187
City or County: Fauquier
RECALL ALL THE A**HOLES THAT SUPPORT HIM

#832847 - 12/25/14 11:29 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: highlandscot]
weez3006 Offline
Service Rifle

Loc: Va.
City or County: Dinwiddie
We need to get all groups clubs and ind to work and stand together. VCDL NRA VSSA your hunt clubs ( I've had a hard time with guys that just hunt seem to think that will not effect me and my shotgun or deer rifle they are after your AR or AK or handgun ) we need to be smart cover all angles. That said it seems the only thing you see on the local news are guys in camo pants tucked in boots carrying AK type rifle on there shoulder. I have no problem with that. But what does it look like to others ? We all ready know they just don't get it.
Where can we find all the info on the 9000 ccp people that owe Carpetbagger 15 million in back over due or other child suppourt ??? Are they Va residents how many other laws on the books to collect back child support ? Do they want to look at those overdue by age race male female ??
Why does it seem the Left seem to want to have less punshiment for crime? What will deture crime if no punshiment? What happen to "Project Exile" ??? We need to expose laws (in good detail) not being enforced. Basicly educate gun grabbers about all the laws we good gun owners do not break.
Hope I didn't offend anybody here just venting. Thanks

#832849 - 12/25/14 11:33 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
weez3006 Offline
Service Rifle

Loc: Va.
City or County: Dinwiddie
Is there ever any planning meetings of Va Gun Trader VCDL VSSA NRA and others??? Or is just a wing it approach and maybe better luck next year ?

#833005 - 12/25/14 08:18 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: weez3006]
amazngrace Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Northampton
Go on the VCDL site, they have regular meetings which even non-
members are encouraged to attend. Right now they are getting cranked up for "Lobby Day" in Richmond!

...ED

#833106 - 12/26/14 08:20 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
bahia_maduro Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Prince William
Just sent my VCDL renewal.

#833897 - 12/27/14 11:31 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: gbellamy]
arcsound Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Troy
Wrong. These anti-liberty, statist regulations almost always come from the Left, from Democrats, from Progressives. Republicans will from time to time lose their way and go along with this BS, like Guv. Romney's signing the absurd assault rifle ban, but it is always Dems that initiate the action. Don't obfuscate the reality of the situation, the problem is Democrats, and their ever increasing appetite for government intrusion into our lives, period.

#833900 - 12/27/14 11:42 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: DawgPoundx19]
arcsound Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Troy
Agreed, between Sarvis, the plant, and dopey single professional females in NOVA that were worried about their access to late term abortions under Cootch, when the reality is they would not have an unscheduled latte, we are stuck with a first rate Democrat progressive that has no respect for personal liberty and the 2A. Thank you, useful idiots.

Originally Posted By: DawgPoundx19
Heard about this garbage, and I feared this when McAuliffe stole the election (thanks to the Democratic money sponsored Robert Sarvis who stole just enough of the votes).
What is particularly pathetic about this legislation is that is is not based on any sort of facts, its based on fear and misinformation.
We all know that every one of the dealers at a gun show goes thru the standard state police background checks, just as they do at a brick and mortar store. Yet there is a flawed belief by most that every gun in the place is cash and carry with no questions asked. It's bogus, plain and simple.
Add to that what is a gross over reach of government authority, by taking away CCW rights of individuals who are delinquent on child support (because self defense and child support have a cause and effect relationship), and the overly liberal use of a restraining order meaning confiscation of fire arms from an otherwise law abiding citizen. So someone with an anti-gun agenda, a scorned ex, etc., could file frivolous complaints and result in loss of legally owned fire arms. Very dangerous loop holes being opened.
These measures are the start of a little game called "just the tip" before the royal screwing begins. Everything is done slowly and deliberately until your rights are gone and you never even noticed. All under the guise of "safety".

#834540 - 12/29/14 01:24 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
PapaSeven Offline
Olympic Kiddie Pool

Loc: Spotsylvania
City or County: Spotsylvania
What are the hours so I can request off.

#834608 - 12/29/14 04:41 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
celero1000 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Norfolk
What do you propose we do?

#834609 - 12/29/14 04:46 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
celero1000 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Norfolk
Do we have an organized march on city hall. I'm in the military I work a lot of hours so jerks like this can get votes from mindless liberals who think the constitution is old and outdated. Please what are your thoughts

#834695 - 12/29/14 07:39 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Lobby Day 2015 is near!

January 19, 2015 (Monday) it's a Holiday for many as it's MLK day.
Time is usually 8:30a until the 1:00pm Rally and many stay for the legislative sessions/hearing.

1. Emily Miller to speak at VCDL Lobby Day on January 19th

Emily Miller, chief investigative reporter for Fox 5 DC and the author of "Emily Gets Her Gun"' has graciously agreed to be one of the speakers at Lobby Day on January 19th!

She joins David Codrea on the list of guest speakers. You don't want to miss Lobby Day 2015!

Watch for more speaker announcements coming soon.

2. Lobby Day Flyer available for download so you can spread the message!

Click on this link to download the VCDL Lobby Day 2015 flyer:

https://vcdl.org/sites/default/files/Lobby_Day_2015_Flyer.pdf

Distribute the flyer at local gun stores, gun shows, and at meetings of like-minded groups. Place them on bulletin boards at stores. Hand them to friends and co-workers. If they own a gun, hand them a flyer! ;-)

Please help us to get the word spread as far as possible!
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#835145 - 12/30/14 07:31 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Boyet Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Winchester
I'm in on lobby day... Will be there. I have been in our home here in Virginia for only 2 months. I just left NY for one of these reasons. Now this, if we don't stand up we are done here. The NY safe act is ridiculous and pretty much shoved down our throats.

#836179 - 01/02/15 05:25 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Dee Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Hanover
Why don`t the liberals suggest losing your right to food stamps, alcoholic beverages, and any other give away program when you are behind on child support payments. I don`t think anybody is surprised by this with him being associated with Clinton. At least we have the majority in the General Assembly. Let your Reps know we will not stand for this. VIRGINIA IS NOT an ANTI-GUN STATE.

#838209 - 01/06/15 08:01 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Lobby day is important if you can make it Lady's and Gents. You don't need to be a VCDL member but the anti's and our elected officials need to see the strength behind the pro gun voters.

#839517 - 01/09/15 07:21 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: arcsound]
gbellamy Offline
God, Family, Country and Guns

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Originally Posted By: arcsound
Wrong. These anti-liberty, statist regulations almost always come from the Left, from Democrats, from Progressives. Republicans will from time to time lose their way and go along with this BS, like Guv. Romney's signing the absurd assault rifle ban, but it is always Dems that initiate the action. Don't obfuscate the reality of the situation, the problem is Democrats, and their ever increasing appetite for government intrusion into our lives, period.

Did you even read my post? I was not talking about conservatives, libertarians etc talking to a liberal legislator. I think we need to talk to our friends that blindly vote these people in. If those friends who do vote for these people talk to those legislators and possibly start thinking about their vote we may turn the corner. When they speak to these legislators they have the power of saying "I voted for you .....BUT on this issue you are wrong." We do not have the luxury of saying that to these legislators and he will probably tune us out and send us a form letter. A politician wants one thing and that is to stay a politician. So these people telling them they may change their vote matters to them.

But the part that is important is you do not attack your friend. You speak to them on this issue and stay away from other hot buttons. Try to get them involved in a gun group. Take it slow. I have changed several people and gotten them to call their legislators about gun laws.

If you notice I tried to explain this in a way that should not anger you or hit YOUR hot buttons. Try explaining things this way and it will probably work better. As it stands now you just tuned out every left leaning person that read this thread, and they have no desire to listen to you about anything. We need everyone that is a gun owner to understand this is a fundamental right that we cannot compromise on. It is what keeps us from having a tyrannical government.

Edited by gbellamy (01/09/15 07:52 AM)

#839551 - 01/09/15 08:46 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Have you called or written your Sen or Rep yet?

Here is part of the email I sent to mine:

I'm and owner, carrier, enthusiast and collector of firearms. I really do not see any reason to go back to the one per month rule. I would ask that you do not support the change the Gov is asking for. If I want to buy a number of guns from a collection, why would it make sense to take delivery of one per month. IF there was evidence that buying more than one gun per month increased gun crime, violence, etc, I would see it as worthy of consideration and debate, but this is nothing more than stupid pandering by the Gov. It seems extremely unlikely to pass, it's just pandering, stop wasting the people's time.

#840081 - 01/10/15 12:55 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: Dee]
cowboyt Offline
The Token Liberal?

City or County: NOVA
Originally Posted By: Dee
Why don`t the liberals suggest losing your right to food stamps, alcoholic beverages, and any other give away program when you are behind on child support payments. I don`t think anybody is surprised by this with him being associated with Clinton.

Hmm...maybe you've got a point. According to what I've seen, that would affect rural Conservatives at least as much, if not more, than it would affect urban/suburban Liberals like me.

Originally Posted By: Dee

At least we have the majority in the General Assembly. Let your Reps know we will not stand for this. VIRGINIA IS NOT an ANTI-GUN STATE.

If by "we", you mean "Republicans", then that's not going to go over well with the people we need to convince. I'm referring to folks primarily in Northern Virginia.

See, I used to be an anti. Now I'm a proud firearms enthusiast. And as a former anti, I can attest to the wisdom of gbellamy's advice.

Turns out I, too, have had some success in getting some folks to reconsider their anti-gun ideas. It doesn't happen right away, so don't expect instant results. I didn't change my own mind on the 2A right away just because "someone told me to". I came to it on my own, and that's how it's got to happen with others as well.

Here's how I accomplish that.

http://www.cmosnetworks.com/WhyWeNeedToWelcomeLiberals.html

Read this, and use some of the ideas in there. I've found that it works. And this can help Virginia remain a pro-gun State.
Liberalism means supporting the ENTIRE Constitution, including the 2A, 100%. Anything less is not Liberalism.

#840290 - 01/10/15 09:13 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
kk1532003 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Loudoun, VA
City or County: Loudoun
If I have a God given right to carry a firearm, what does it matter what the Governor thinks?

#840360 - 01/11/15 04:53 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: kk1532003]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Originally Posted By: kk1532003
If I have a God given right to carry a firearm, what does it matter what the Governor thinks?

Because God doesn't legislate in VA...

#841256 - 01/12/15 09:59 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
aka-cyberman Offline
Double Tap

City or County: Isle Of Wight County
Gun Control is his silent, number one priority.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >