Who's Online
12 registered (jjx, Forest393, harley, wheelgun, Kevinlee93, Eric Pugh, Kylum, Sixgunsam93, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#841413 - 01/13/15 11:30 AM 757cc
btbossman Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Mclean
City or County: Fairfax
I contacted this member in regards to his AMD-65 asking $720. I made him an offer of $650 and told him because I was in Nova I could either meet him in Richmond, or down in Emporia when I was down visiting my parents for work.

After some back and forth and his reluctance to respond, I asked if he was serious about the deal, to which he replied texting him would be better, so we took the conversation to text message.

He decided he would rather meet me in Emporia, so we went back and forth trying to figure out what would work best with our schedules, we settled and set an early meet for saturday morning. I sent him an address for the closest business to my parents home, and he replied that this would work. We ended the conversation at me telling him to just text me when he is 30 miles out, so I have enough time to prepare myself as it was a early meet (830 AM).

Saturday came, and I was up at 8AM. I called him but it was going straight to voicemail. NO text, NO call, NO explanation whatsoever!!!!

I left negative feedback on his profile(which I later found out was wrong to do)

His response was that I offered him less than asking price and I expect him to show up for a meet which require a 4hr commute back and forth(even though he agreed to it).....After we had a fully arranged meeting agreeing to the price I offered!!!! A true shame.

I have never experienced this on VAGT, would have expected much more from a member with quite a bit of good feedback

I suggest you all watch out! This guy makes deals, and then backs out FOR NO REASON!

Luckily I was staying but a mile from our meeting place, or this would have really hurt.

#841460 - 01/13/15 01:08 PM Re: 757cc [Re: btbossman]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to 757cc inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction ARE NOT TO RESPOND

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#841631 - 01/13/15 06:51 PM Re: 757cc [Re: btbossman]
757cc Offline
Marksman

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Chesapeake
This has become beyond comical. For starts my feedback speaks for itself. Since joining in Oct 2010 u have had two deals including this one that were sketchy. This guy posts MULTIPLE neg comments in my profile like a child throwing a temper tantrum when hey don't get their way.

I will set a few things straight

1) seller initially wanted to meet somewhere around Richmond bwt 2200/2300. Then it changes to Emporia, then again to a building site past Emporia.

2) offered up text as a quicker means of communication as buyer would be impatient if PM's were not responded to immediately.

3) Communication - last comms I had was Tuesday and we planned to meet Sat. No response to texts Fri night if we are still on. Not a single call or text on Saturday morning but it's funny I had several work calls and texts confirming k9 training. I am not wasting my time and gas to drive 200 miles round trip and 4 hours if buyer doesn't comfirm meet.

4) initial offer of $650 and meeting in Richmond would have worked as I could incorporate a work trip to Richmond.

Wasted a lot of time for nothing more than a hassle and childish games.

Deal with this guy...don't deal with this guy...

Edited by 757cc (01/13/15 06:51 PM)

#841873 - 01/14/15 09:04 AM Re: 757cc [Re: btbossman]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have had an opportunity to have their say. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln