Who's Online
13 registered (milprileb, Ocarey, theo, tmygun, Thastew, Dynarider84, Ayal, Gun1, chief, 4 invisible), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#844407 - 01/19/15 08:37 PM Looking back on Lobby Day 2015
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
1st .... thanks to all that came to Lobby Day!!!

Lobby Day was today. For those of you who are not familiar with what it is... It's a day (always on MLK Day) when anyone can go to the General Assembly building and "lobby" their law makers.
Each year the VCDL membership along with gun owners show up to lobby for gun rights. And the gun control folks show up to lobby for more gun control laws.
From 9am-noon we pro-gun people did our lobbying inside the General Assembly building and the last hour had a rally outside at the bell tower.
Then it was the gun control folks turn.

I've got to say, the gun control crowd gets bigger every year. They bus in from around the state. They have several organizations that show up. They are gaining ground on us and they seem to get the medias attention.

The pro-gun people of Virginia, with an estimated 1 million gun owners in Va, have a few hundred show up facepalm

Anyway, here's some pics and videos links of Lobby Day today.

The VCDL and pro gun crowd:

Attachments
philip.jpg

emily2.jpg

emily.jpg

#844409 - 01/19/15 08:42 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

the gun control group
...the 1st picture is our state attorney general joining forces with the gun control group frown

Attachments
1_zpsc02e7408.jpg

4_zps8f1c7af6.jpg

6480799_G.jpg

10704195_713628592088397_8665436257616256483_n.png

10881660_713628482088408_4906644985152520831_n.png

#844415 - 01/19/15 08:50 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I saw a lady with a "background checks save lives" sticker on her shirt today. I offered her a GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker, she declined. She was oggling one of our other members, the tall guy, in a lustful manner. grin

Edited by Sfach (01/20/15 04:19 PM)
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#844416 - 01/19/15 08:50 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

#844712 - 01/20/15 03:52 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
PapaSeven Offline
Olympic Kiddie Pool

Loc: Spotsylvania
City or County: Spotsylvania
http://wtkr.com/2015/01/19/the-gun-debate-heats-up-in-richmond/

This guy at the end did NOT have an AK47, it was an airsoft gun with an orange tip. The news is VERY against us ladies and gentlemen.

Brian's second video does the same crap.

Edited by PapaSeven (01/20/15 03:58 PM)

#845316 - 01/21/15 07:25 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
HarleyMike Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Dinwiddie
2015 was my wife and I first lobby day, and it Damn sure won't be our last!! I should have gotten more involved sooner ( no excuses). We are in full support of VCDL,NRA and whomever else that stands against the freedom hating anti-gunners out there. I am already recruiting for next year and spreading gun right awareness to all that will listen! ! Mike

#845560 - 01/22/15 10:40 AM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
cowboyt Offline
The Token Liberal?

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: NOVA
Yes, we do need to have more of us there. You're right. I, too, was concerned about this, especially in light of the electoral Gubernatorial sweep by the antis last year. There weren't enough of us, much like last year.

So, what do we do about it?

We, as a pro-2A community, need to do a whole lot better at reaching out to the non-Conservative/White/Republican/Christian (CWRC) crowd. I was pleased to see Emily talking with a woman with a head-covering, apparently Muslim. That's good. I saw maybe 5 other non-CWRC folks. That's not good.

Philip pointed out that the VCDL is non-partisan, as he often does (thank goodness). After Charlie Hebdo, when it "became real" to several newscasters asking Emily, "how do I get a gun?", that would've been a great time to invite them to Lobby Day.

Yes, that means get to know and even hang out with non-CWRC folks. Yes, that means talk with them, *NICELY*. We need to be ambassadors for the 2A--that means every one of us. OR WE WILL LOSE AGAIN.
Liberalism means supporting the ENTIRE Constitution, including the 2A, 100%. Anything less is not Liberalism.

#845633 - 01/22/15 02:41 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I agree with the post above, there were very few people of color or other diversity out there. We are talking about our Liberty here and in my opinion freedom is of far greater importance than race, religion, color, AGE,etc... Surely we can reach out, in the spirit of community, to others better this year leading into Lobby Day 16. There are many gun toting liberals out there. Also it would have been much better if more parent brought their kids along to show them what it means to stand for what you believe.

Edited by Sfach (01/22/15 02:42 PM)
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#845796 - 01/22/15 08:11 PM Re: Looking back on Lobby Day 2015 [Re: VaGunTrader]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator