Who's Online
11 registered (Shnmar, KryptoF15, ChewbaccaBeast, mill, harley, craigcjr, et63, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#825725 - 12/09/14 07:59 AM looking for land to trade work for hunting right 2015-2016 season
hoyt em Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Culpeper
City or County: culpeper va
I kno this is prolly a long shot but,

i live in the culpeper area and Im interested in finding new hunting land for the upcoming 2015-2016 season. Would like to find a place or places to hunt any or all/ deer, duck, goose, groundhogs, coyotes, pigs, dove. In or around the culpeper, remington Rappahanock, marshall manassas areas or close to those as i live in culpeper but work in manassas area.

I will be respectfull of owners rules.

Im lookin to do work around your land in trade for permission to hunt.

or if your just looking for a new huntig buddy

Thanks in advance

Edited by hoyt em (12/09/14 08:02 AM)

#825747 - 12/09/14 09:02 AM Re: looking for land to trade work for hunting right 2015-2016 season [Re: hoyt em]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
I'm with you... figure 2-4 guys/gals (small groups only) could really help a few farmers/landowners with tree clearing (fire hazard reduction), road repairs, fence repairs etc. in exchange for some future return good will. Especially with the coyote and hog disasters that are ahead of us. http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/feral-hogs/feral-swine-presentation.pdf

I already have some great places to hunt myself, but reaching out to farmers and landowners with a bunch of VAGT good will might turn the tide on the automatic "no" that so many farmers/landowners are conditioned to say.

I have a farm in Ohio and let two young men hunt it (only two because it is 96% crop land and 3 acres of woods... and Ohio is bow and shotgun only). My land, my rules, but two guys get to hunt.

SO MAYBE (???)... we (VAGT) could start a Forum trying to connect small groups with farmers/landowners having needs.

Maybe we also throw up a quick bio on ourselves (i.e. I am a 27 year seasoned wildland firefighter, with a dump truck, professional chainsaws and LOTS of fence build experience... I own a couple of farms myself, so I understand landowner concerns).

Something like that?

Edited by Cash is King (12/13/14 09:50 PM)

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#856156 - 02/11/15 10:31 PM Re: looking for land to trade work for hunting right 2015-2016 season [Re: hoyt em]
hoyt em Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Culpeper
City or County: culpeper va
This site never sends me notifications wen somone comments or pms me lol

Yea that be a good idea. Ive ben really tryin to find a place to bird hunt (duck/goose/dove) ive lost all my old places that i had to bird hunt. I miss it. That and varmint hunting.

lost them due to other peoples actions. So ive leand to fully respect the land owners rules.