Who's Online
7 registered (Seraph1926, davidb68, Marko, Morebore, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#856010 - 02/11/15 05:13 PM Beretta is sending me a replacement gun with a different s/n, question...
kraigster414 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax Co.
Hi. I sent in my defective Beretta handgun to Beretta USA in Acokeek, MD for repair. They are replacing with a brand new gun and it will have a different serial number. In Virginia does this mean that the replacement gun with the new serial number has to go from Beretta in Maryland to my local FFL in Virginia along with a redo of the Fed and VA paperwork? Or can the replacement gun be shipped directly to me? Many thanks. Rich

#856058 - 02/11/15 06:58 PM Re: Beretta is sending me a replacement gun with a different s/n, question... [Re: kraigster414]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
New serial number will have to go through ffl , same serial number could come straight to you

#856059 - 02/11/15 06:59 PM Re: Beretta is sending me a replacement gun with a different s/n, question... [Re: kraigster414]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Yes it does, anytime a Manufacturer sends a "replacement" pistol back with a different serial number it must go thru a FFL.
I just went through it with Taurus.

#861574 - 02/22/15 04:58 PM Re: Beretta is sending me a replacement gun with a different s/n, question... [Re: kraigster414]
Va Hunter Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
Savage sent me a replacement piece of junk B-mag, different serial number, came straight to me. i questioned them on it and was told as long it was same model gun they could sent it to me. Wasn't long before I sent it back.

#863752 - 02/26/15 08:57 PM Re: Beretta is sending me a replacement gun with a different s/n, question... [Re: kraigster414]
PGT Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Leesburg
City or County: Leesburg
Perhaps its different with a handgun, but, I had some poly lowers replaced under warranty and they were shipped direct to me.

edit - confirmed that it will be sent direct to you. The manufacturer files the change of S/N with ATF as an exchange. Kudos to Beretta for getting you a new gun. I didn't have such luck with Boberg on my XR9L.

Edited by PGT (02/26/15 09:03 PM)