Who's Online
9 registered (Too, hokieskins, Edmund, GrantG, Broadside, LockdStockd, Gnome, 2 invisible), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#903013 - 05/26/15 09:18 PM AR112 Possible Scammer!
PPDCOP Offline
Benefactor Member NRA

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Virginia Beach
I posted a "want to buy" looking for a Keltec pistol. The same day, user AR112 registered with very little info about himself. He sent me a PM that said "Hi,I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Tim on timmlackey@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Conover,NC 28613 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell # 828-348-7450. Thanks

I gambled and wired the money to Timm Lackey who appeared to be legit. He answered all emails promptly and I sent a copy of the FFL. I did not do my homework because I really wanted that pistol, After I sent the money Timm Lackey dropped off the radar. He never answered any emails I sent immediately after I sent the money. I went back to Western Union and cancelled the transfer and got my cash back before I lost it. Timm Lackey has yet to ask me about the money and why he could not get it. I think he went away for the Memorial Weekend and could steal from me.

AR112 has not replied to my PM back to him that said >>"The cell is answered by voicemail by a man named Steve, not Timm with an Indian accent. I sent the money Friday by Western Union. I also sent the FFL. He said he would ship after he got everything and send me the info. I asked him yesterday via email when he was shipping. No reply. I called Western Union and he had not picked up my money so I cancelled and got my cash back minus the $28 handling charge. I sent him another email today advising I had cancelled and took my money back. He has my police dept cell and has never called. Something is wrong and I think I almost got scammed out of $400. I hope you are not in on it. I see that you just registered the same day you sent me this message. Shame on me because I know better. Again, if I am wrong my apologies.

These pair appear to be scammers working together. BEWARE of AR112 and any referrals. Shame on me but I got my cash back.

#903019 - 05/26/15 09:28 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
I got the same email for a pistol I was looking for some time ago. So he was going back into the WTB sections.

#903021 - 05/26/15 09:37 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
This user was banned from this site Thu May 21 2015 11:28 AM.

Going to leave this open for now for more views.

See also:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=16335748

#903060 - 05/27/15 12:24 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
2nd.amend Offline
Shooting blanks at Magnum force! ;)

Loc: Gainesville va
City or County: Gainesville
My self and a coworker who is on VGT also received same cut and paste
getting old aint for sissy's

#903061 - 05/27/15 12:58 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
larry3100 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Spotsylvania
City or County: Spotsylvania
I also received a message because of an ad I had posted looking to buy a revolver..same guy in n.c. i contacted Tim by email and received a reply.. Something about his response to me just didn't feel right to me,maybe it was the way he stated his price as 500 in u.s. dollars that was weird..anyway I never answered him back...it is a scam so be careful of dealing with him

#903176 - 05/27/15 11:07 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
JDH Offline
High Plains Drifter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Clarke
Yeah, got a post as well in WTB and AR112 responded with the same message as above. I knew right away it was shady. JDH

#903185 - 05/27/15 11:17 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
pho_krew_sbudz Offline
SELL ME OLD VIDEO GAMES

Loc: Ashburn, VA
City or County: Loudoun
I also received the same message from him, I deleted it thank goodness

#903656 - 05/28/15 12:20 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
i called the number for s.a.g's answering machine steve but its definantly a jamacain accent

#904322 - 05/29/15 11:49 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
DifferentDrummer Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Norteast US
City or County: Saratoga
Originally Posted By: PPDCOP
I posted a "want to buy" looking for a Keltec pistol. The same day, user AR112 registered with very little info about himself. He sent me a PM that said "Hi,I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Tim on timmlackey@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Conover,NC 28613 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell # 828-348-7450. Thanks

I gambled and wired the money to Timm Lackey who appeared to be legit. He answered all emails promptly and I sent a copy of the FFL. I did not do my homework because I really wanted that pistol, After I sent the money Timm Lackey dropped off the radar. He never answered any emails I sent immediately after I sent the money. I went back to Western Union and cancelled the transfer and got my cash back before I lost it. Timm Lackey has yet to ask me about the money and why he could not get it. I think he went away for the Memorial Weekend and could steal from me.

AR112 has not replied to my PM back to him that said >>"The cell is answered by voicemail by a man named Steve, not Timm with an Indian accent. I sent the money Friday by Western Union. I also sent the FFL. He said he would ship after he got everything and send me the info. I asked him yesterday via email when he was shipping. No reply. I called Western Union and he had not picked up my money so I cancelled and got my cash back minus the $28 handling charge. I sent him another email today advising I had cancelled and took my money back. He has my police dept cell and has never called. Something is wrong and I think I almost got scammed out of $400. I hope you are not in on it. I see that you just registered the same day you sent me this message. Shame on me because I know better. Again, if I am wrong my apologies.

These pair appear to be scammers working together. BEWARE of AR112 and any referrals. Shame on me but I got my cash back.

Just joined the Forum so I could respond to this thread. Please check you PM's.
Thank you,
DD

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away " Thoreau

#904323 - 05/30/15 12:14 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
DifferentDrummer Offline
Pea shooter

The phone number is a VOIP number registered in Asheville, NC.
There is an Edith Lackey involved in this. I suspect she lives in or very near Hickory NC which is in Catawba county. I do not think she lives in the city of Conover.
The slime probable monitor these posts.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/general-discussion/42613-don-t-let-your-guard-down-scams.html

Edited by DifferentDrummer (06/01/15 05:43 PM)

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away " Thoreau

#904350 - 05/30/15 06:27 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
hogleg Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Spotsylvnia
I have a WTB on this site for a Rem M33. The same day AR112 registered on this site and with zero posts he PM'd me this re my WTB:

"Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Tim on timmlackey@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Conover,NC 28613 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell # 828-348-7450.

Thanks".

I ignored the PM but kept it. This guy or gal is apparently a scammer but not a very good one.

Edited by hogleg (05/30/15 06:43 AM)

#904817 - 05/31/15 10:14 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
flyingron Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Chantilly
NEVER EVER EVER EVER send money by WU to someone you don't 100% know. Once you provide them the transaction information, it can be retrieved by anywhere in the world. While an 828-areacode cell phone gives a good hint he might be in NC. WU is for sending your deadbeat brother $100 to get his car fixed, not for any legitimate transaction. Western Union even outright warns you about this.

You might want to give the Catwaba County Sheriff's office a call. They're pretty good guys and they might be interested if this fraud really is occuring in Conover.

#904976 - 05/31/15 05:13 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Newport News
Hey guys let me dig up the posts this guy sent me as well. He tried scamming me as well...stand by for 5 min! I actually called the guy!

#905154 - 06/01/15 03:37 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

I am going to do several posts of the information I can find. Im starting with Edith. She has two felony conditions it looks like for Grand Larceny. I cant find a "Timm Lackey" in that area but I will drill down through her associates to find someone close to that name that may be her ye ol partner in crime.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 3.57.27 AM.png

Edited by Live4Hunting (06/01/15 04:10 AM)

#905156 - 06/01/15 04:11 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

Heres a series of several pics with phone numbers to track them down and address history including current.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.03.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.04.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.05.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.05.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.13.36 AM.png

Edited by Live4Hunting (06/01/15 04:14 AM)

#905157 - 06/01/15 04:24 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

It looks like a scammer ring. I ran one of her listed associates and they were sentenced for embezzlement. I know that we have a policy on here to not post personal information but considering this looks to be a scammer ring in that NC city I feel that any and all information I can provide on here may be helpful in preventing it further or keeping them from opening another vaguntrader login and scamming another brother or sister on here. Please don't suspend me!

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 4.25.26 AM.png

Edited by Live4Hunting (06/01/15 06:31 AM)

#905203 - 06/01/15 09:12 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

Im going to call the DA for Catawba county and also Hickory and Conover city with where she resides. Im going to find out how to find out some of the other charges that showed in her background check but didn't specify the charge. It looks like its her and someone else from some other stuff I have found. There are some other scams she appears to be involved in. One looks to be one that scams military service men and woman on a dating site for military personel. I cant be sure but thats how it looks. There seems to be one gentleman in particular she she associates with that may be doing it with her. When I can a background check on him it shows where he has a record citing almost 50 criminal charges but it doesn't list the specific chard which may mean those record have not yet been digitized. There is another person I found a reference to that she has done this to recently. The guy sent her the money for a gun. He talked to her and she knew all of the key words needed for shop talk and knew the process for gun transferes. She told the man she needed a copy of his preferred FFL before sending the weapon. He sent it to her, sent her money by Western Union and never heard from her again. She picked the money up and off she went. The poor guy traced the money and who picked it up or rather the police did. The police interview her and she said it was a mistake she was picking up money that she was told was being sent to her by her boyfriend and knew nothing conviently of what they were talking about. The police let her go. The police may not be able to do anything about this but the DA may have some sort of interest in one of their citizens running a scam in their area. They may already be aware of it and may add this to the wood pile if something is already in the mix. Im also going to contact the BATF and see what they say. Ill post a few links I have found referencing their activitys. I also want to share this. In her associates BGC one of his many charges listed shows him as a Asian/Pacific Islander......funny since thats the accent on the VM that we have all heard when we called it. I cant be sure but its good so if his name comes up we have something more concret and we can keep a lookout.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 9.11.18 AM.png

Edited by Live4Hunting (06/01/15 09:14 AM)

#905209 - 06/01/15 09:25 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

Waiting for a call back from the DA of the county she lives in. Talked to the clerk and she is finding the appraise DA.

#905382 - 06/01/15 04:43 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: Live4Hunting]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
And here is another screen name for this assclown:

"larrycoled" signed up today and sent me the same message as noted above:

Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Martin on martinbartlett93@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Tarpon Springs, FL 34689 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

Thanks

#905409 - 06/01/15 05:51 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: flyingron]
DifferentDrummer Offline
Pea shooter

Originally Posted By: flyingron
NEVER EVER EVER EVER send money by WU to someone you don't 100% know. Once you provide them the transaction information, it can be retrieved by anywhere in the world. While an 828-areacode cell phone gives a good hint he might be in NC. WU is for sending your deadbeat brother $100 to get his car fixed, not for any legitimate transaction. Western Union even outright warns you about this.

You might want to give the Catwaba County Sheriff's office a call. They're pretty good guys and they might be interested if this fraud really is occuring in Conover.

Talked to them. Spoke with an Investigator Aiken and Captain Kelley. They actually tracked her down. From my point of view I think they are pretty sympathetic towards her story. She admits to getting the money however seems to have them convinced that she thought it came from an internet boyfriend. They have told me that I have to get my local PD to do the investigation and they will cooperate by giving them what they know. Frankly I think they know that some PD 700 miles away is not going to go after her very aggressively. I suppose there may be circumstances that I do not understand, but from where I stand it would appear as though they wanted nothing to do with pursuing this.
They were supposed to get back to me with information from the county attorney in regards to whether or not they could release her contact information to me. No word as of this point in time.
DD

Edited by DifferentDrummer (06/01/15 05:57 PM)

#905417 - 06/01/15 06:06 PM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
jpa Offline
Stercus Accidit

City or County: Hanover
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

may try filing a complaint here , don't know if it will help but

#905531 - 06/02/15 12:30 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
Bigscreen Offline
Addicted

City or County: Midlothian
Please help...not sure if this is a scammer or not but when I asked someone on here they suggested it that I post here.

#3098510 - Yesterday at 04:27 PM WTB RUGER VAQUERO 45LC or other 45 long colt
larrycoled Offline
Pea shooter

Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Martin on martinbartlett93@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Tarpon Springs, FL 34689 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

Thanks

#905532 - 06/02/15 12:38 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Good lord did any one else catch her height and weight 5.6 324 lbs you know this tubbo rides a scooter around walmart. Small town police and dont want to pursue probly tubbos family

#905542 - 06/02/15 04:15 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: PPDCOP]
hogleg Offline
Marksman

City or County: Spotsylvnia
We need to bring this winch down.

#905561 - 06/02/15 06:22 AM Re: AR112 Possible Scammer! [Re: num1fordfan]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Originally Posted By: num1fordfan
Good lord did any one else catch her height and weight 5.6 324 lbs you know this tubbo rides a scooter around walmart. Small town police and dont want to pursue probly tubbos family

Ford, I thought it was just me. Why is she out of work? Carolina could use a noseguard like that on their defensive line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >