Who's Online
8 registered (wdc757, cadi86, bh2win, shootergdv, 2AVA, NATIONALIST, 2 invisible), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#887631 - 04/19/15 04:36 PM Staining your Ak furniture
reloadn' Offline
Addicted

Loc: South Chesterfield 23834
City or County: chester va
Hey everyone thought I'd share this. The wood on my new Century Arms Ak47 was plain as plain could be. If any of you know what I mean? It was kinda light sand color annd appeared to have no finish at all. The wood was also very flat and wood seemed very dry. So, today that was my project. I feild stripped the rifle and removed all the wood. I had purchased the minwax stain and the color is called gunstock. Also purchased a clear top coat satin finish made by valspar. Wiping on the stain with a cloth it looked better, but it still wasn't what I was looking for. So, I put my paint stick to the bottom of the can and got some solids. I wiped the solids from my stick to my rag and wiped it again. Let it sit then this afternoon srayed on the clear top coat(This was something I learned from my dad when we refinished cabinets. Wow! It looks great! If any of you want to livin' up your AK try this before you spend alot of money on new furniture. Thank, Rick AKA reloadin'

#919049 - 07/05/15 11:09 AM Re: Staining your Ak furniture [Re: reloadn']
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Pics or it didn't happen!