Who's Online
10 registered (vanavyman, DrStroyer, Redskins88, MHG, reloader2, theconemaughkid, 4 invisible), 8 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#918476 - 07/03/15 06:30 PM Left behind hand guns.
Werner Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Prince George county
City or County: Disputanta
Have a relative that went out of state and left a couple of hand guns she inherited from her father here in Virginia several years ago with another relative to keep until she returned to Va. but decided to stay and now is a resident of Florida.
Now she would like to have her guns with her at her new home in Florida...
If she comes back to visit could she being the owner retrieve them and take them back to her new home or would she need to ship them through a licensed dealer?
Fees with the dealer I checked with are $50 per plus shipping.
Would there also be a fee with the dealer in Fl. also?
Would be very expensive for her on her fixed income.

#918501 - 07/03/15 07:49 PM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
T2Tac Offline
FFL

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
If the weapons belong to her, and are not NFA items, and she can lawfully possess the weapons per federal, VA State Law and FL law she can transport her own weapons back to FL.

Just have her contact VA State Patrol, NC State Patrol, SC State Patrol, GA State Patrol and FL State Patrol for more in depth transportation requirements.

It sounds complicated but it's a an easy process...

T2TACTICALFIREARMS.COM

#918873 - 07/04/15 06:54 PM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#919041 - 07/05/15 10:50 AM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
You say she left them until she returned, so I say the're still her guns, she can come up and grab them.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#921608 - 07/11/15 07:40 PM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
Werner Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Prince George county
City or County: Disputanta
Sorry I took so long to reply.
I totally forgot that I had posted this question until I was talking to a friend I was shooting with today ..
Thanx for the replies.

T2Tac: What are NSA items?
Not familiar with that term.

#922007 - 07/12/15 09:35 PM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
NFA items, silencers, Short barreled rifles and shotguns, machine guns, etc. Things that require a tax stamp.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#923318 - 07/15/15 10:29 PM Re: Left behind hand guns. [Re: Werner]
izymic Offline
Bolt action

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
You are permitted to ship firearms to yourself in another state provided you legally possess them in both states.

You may also ship them "care of" another person in the recipient state.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonl...lawful-activity

If she owns them, there is no need for a dealer/FFL to get involved.

She may also transport them herself. Federal law (McClure Volkmer Act) permits interstate travel of firearms provided the origin and destination are legal possession. You can drive through a state where the firearm is not legal provided you keep it secured in the trunk, don't remove it, and only stop for overnight stay such as in a motel.