Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#927467 - 07/26/15 03:27 PM shooting under stress workouts
parkranger Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Ashburn
So 2-3 times a month I have a range to myself. Looking for some drills involving some type of physical work to add stress to the body. Last week I brought a couple kettle bells and did some assorted movements, but had no certain shooting drills to add. So does anyone have any workouts or drills to try together? I have access to dumbbells, kettlebells, tire, sledge hammer, and body weight exercises or running. Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

#936666 - 08/18/15 02:27 PM Re: shooting under stress workouts [Re: parkranger]
parkranger Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Ashburn
Well the first one went well

2X 20in swings
20 pushup
20 squat
5 in 2 handed throw
Followed by a 300m run

Shooting was heads shots only
5 rounds
Reload when gun runs dry
5 rounds

Total time 5:10

#960440 - 10/19/15 07:25 PM Re: shooting under stress workouts [Re: parkranger]
sergeantatarms Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Richmond & Warsaw
There's always the VA State Police physical agility test. Instead of dry firing at the end, do some live fire.

Draw and fire one-handed while holding a weight in the non-firing hand. Do several iterations, then switch to the non-dominant hand, same drill.

Do push-ups until fail with rifle next to you. Upon push-up fail, fire in the prone.

Sit-ups until fail with pistol next to you. Upon sit-up fail, fire from crunch position. You can do this with pistol holstered, but will probably be quite uncomfortable.

Climb a tall rope, draw pistol at halfway point and fire, reholster. Climb to top, draw and fire, reholster. Return to halfway point, draw and fire, reholster.

Modified Modified Navy Qual at 25 yards from a silhouette target and aiming for the upper chest: Side-straddle hops followed by a magazine of 5 rounds with the rifle, shoot until empty, reload with a second 5-round magazine. Mountain climbers, followed by 5 rounds kneeling, firing until empty, reload with third magazine of 5 rounds. Push-ups, followed by final 5 rounds fired from the prone position.

Just a few off the top of my head.